Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty20/11/2012, 10:30

Hello Guy,

Well, I'm not long back from a weekend where we attempted a 12hr Endurance Challenge for charity, and most of the config worked well, but I think we've come across a bug.

Let's say the clock has finished and on the leaderboard screens, everyone has a chequered flag.

Whilst I was debugging a problem with one of our racers cars, I ran it manually over the Advanced 6 Car Powerbase Sensor (I'm using Scalextric Digital here). This then caused the chequered flag to dissapear.

When our 15 minute intersegment time ended, the race wouldn't continue and the start button wouldn't enable.

So in order to try and bypass this, I saved the race and reloaded it. It seems there's a bug here but I'll get back to that as a seperate issue. Anyway, everything loaded up again, laps etc. Again, it wouldn't start. I forced a lane rotation which seemed to let me move on and get on with the rest of the racing.

Not quite sure why this happened, but it's nothing big. Anyway, by the 3rd heat we decided to change the races to individual timed grand prix races rather than using the automatic feature.

Anyway, back to the save feature, when we load a race from saved data, the 'load' prompt (blue one) seems to stay on screen and becomes stuck! Again, we don't know why. I just moved it out the way and let it be.

I've got a bit of feedback, but they can also be taken as feature requests, so i'll split them off and post them there...

Again, great software guy, keep the hard work!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty20/11/2012, 23:47

Hello,
I test it and in fact i think there is no bug but maybe some improvement in the load feature.
I think your first problem is due to the fact that you set Pc Lap Counter to "automaticaly restart the race after the inter-segment" , after the inter-segment time Pc Lap Counter automaticaly restart the race and that's why the "restart" button was disabled and chequered flag dissapear.

About the save feature:
you have to know that after you saved a race into a file Pc lap Counter continue to write all events into the saved file (it continue to write each new lap, pause event, restart event, stop event,etc.....) , Pc Lap Counter do this so he can reload the all race data after a system crash.
So if you click on the "stop" button this "stop" event is saved into the file and when you load the file Pc Lap Counter see that the race is ended and therefore the "restart" button is disabled.
Now , if you close Pc Lap Counter (instead of clicking on the "stop" button just click on X button of windows or select "quit" in the Pc Lap Counter menu) then there is not "stop" event into the file and therefore when you load the file Pc Lap Counter will see that the race is not ended and the "restart" button will be enabled.
I need to improve the "load" feature and find a way so that the user can choice to load the "stop" event or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty21/11/2012, 09:34

Okay, not a problem - i think i may just leave the "automatic restart" off in future for now. But thanks for the information, it will help in the future with our operations.

Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty3/10/2014, 14:26

guy wrote:
...cut...
I need to improve the "load" feature and find a way so that the user can choice to load the "stop" event or not.

eh.. that's what happened yesterday, with a wrong "stop" event.

Guy, did U you improve your program in order to resume the race?
Must I remember to save the race (before it starts) in order to resume it or I can find the last race started somewhere in PcLc Folders?

..or..

Is there a workaround?
I tried to restart the race, assigning for each driver their laps and skipping the past segments (analogue race, "Drivers race on all lanes", 5 min per segments) but there was problem about the next segment, where PcLc didn't stop the segments after 5 min.
(I think it's not a bug.. 'cause i'm messing all the race  Very Happy )

thanks
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty4/10/2014, 13:15

Yes i improved the load race feature in version 5.31d in order to resume the race.

Must I remember to save the race (before it starts) in order to resume it or I can find the last race started somewhere in PcLc Folders?

Yes it's better to save the race before it starts  but if you forgot to do it Pc Lap Counter do a save into C:\Pc Lap Counter\log.rac
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty5/10/2014, 02:12

Thank you!
Edit: It works. And it's a good way to manage a single race in multiple days (i.e: 1 segment a day). cheers

If someone click the "stop" button while the race is on, the log.rac keeps everything except the right time where the stop command is sent: by reloading the race, the timer is set at the last known event (maybe last lap detection). Is it correct?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty12/10/2014, 16:12

UDoKuoio wrote:
Thank you!
Edit: It works. And it's a good way to manage a single race in multiple days (i.e: 1 segment a day).  cheers

If someone click the "stop" button while the race is on, the log.rac keeps everything except the right time where the stop command is sent: by reloading the race, the timer is set at the last known event (maybe last lap detection). Is it correct?
Yes that's correct Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?   Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Bug / Timed Races with Intersegment & Loading Prompt Stuck?
Page 1 of 1