Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Detail Set-up of Championship

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ferrari

ferrari

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Detail Set-up of Championship Empty
PostSubject: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty7/10/2006, 02:42

We are going to run our first major Championship and would like some clarification on its set-up. Have found no detail yet in the Forum, so maybe a good learning experience for everyone so I will try to explain in detail.

We would like to allocate 1 point for each lap completed and have allocated this set-up:

Detail Set-up of Championship Championshipsettingiq7

As you can see we will be running at least 4 Grand Prix. With the other "Points" option, how do we use this feature?

In the “Classification” we get these results: This is a Fantastic feature because it gives a break-up of the individual Grand Prix. Very Happy Very Happy

Detail Set-up of Championship Classificationaj5

At the moment we will be manually allocating a 1 lap (1 point) bonus at the end of every Grand Prix for the “Record Lap” (I have read that sometime in the future this will be part of the software point structure option Wink ). This is where we need some advise! Will the “Record lap” for each Grand Prix be saved, so when we call up that Grand Prix on another race the previous record lap still stands?

Also, what does the "Save” button in Race Control actually save?

Thank You for your truly great service, we would to get the set-up correct to keep the racers happy. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

cheers
Pino
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296

PostSubject: Re: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty7/10/2006, 21:46

ferrari wrote:

As you can see we will be running at least 4 Grand Prix. With the other "Points" option, how do we use this feature?
Concernig points, you can find a explanation in the manual page 37 to 39.

ferrari wrote:

At the moment we will be manually allocating a 1 lap (1 point) bonus at the end of every Grand Prix for the “Record Lap” (I have read that sometime in the future this will be part of the software point structure option Wink ). This is where we need some advise! Will the “Record lap” for each Grand Prix be saved, so when we call up that Grand Prix on another race the previous record lap still stands?
Record lap will not be saved in the classement, only laps and points will be saved.
Normaly you don't recall a GP that have already done, if you do it points will be overwrite.

ferrari wrote:

Also, what does the "Save” button in Race Control actually save?
Save button save :
    all laps
    race status
    race setting
    display setting
    Options
it not save:
    Driver database
    Team database
    car database
    championship database

In fact save button save the race so you can reload it and continue the race.
Pc Lap counter save the race automaticaly after each segment (heat).
Please look also at https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=16

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ferrari

ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty8/10/2006, 11:33

Thanks Guy.

When penalty laps are given at the end of each race, using the "update" button, it makes changes on the main screen but does not change the results in Championship Classification! Shocked

Regards
Pino
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296

PostSubject: Re: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty8/10/2006, 16:01

Yes i know, i did not envisage this case...i will check my program to see if i can do it easily or not scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ferrari

ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty9/10/2006, 00:21

Quote :
Yes i know, i did not envisage this case...i will check my program to see if i can do it easily or not

Is there a work around you can suggest at the moment?

Quote :
Normaly you don't recall a GP that have already done, if you do it points will be overwrite.

Our Championship will run for 6 months with 4 Grand Prix classes. When we call up a grand prix to race, the software keeps adding points/laps to that classment. At the end of 6 months we should get a break-up of the 4 grand prix and how many laps completed in each...I believe this is correct?

Quote :
Record lap will not be saved in the classement

Would be nice one day (if possible), also recording on which lane and name of driver. Of course this is only beneficial to these long running events, maybe not many others do these Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detail Set-up of Championship   Detail Set-up of Championship Empty

Back to top Go down

Detail Set-up of Championship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pc Lap Counter :: Race Setting - Config courses-
Jump to: