Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got this...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tlbrace

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-10-05

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty18/4/2017, 03:32

I just picked up an exoslot system. Was a bit of a challenge getting the driver loaded (most likely user error), but if all you need is a sensor to 'talk' to PCL, this is a pretty slick item.
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty19/4/2017, 16:12

Tell us more!

How it works? Is it Reliable?
What system do You use for car detection? (infrared bridge, dead strip..)

Their web site is very poor of info!
Back to top Go down
tlbrace

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty26/4/2017, 03:36

UDoKuoio wrote:
Tell us more!

How it works? Is it Reliable?
What system do You use for car detection? (infrared bridge, dead strip..)

Their web site is very poor of info!

Hi. I finally got to test it out this past weekend.

I have it hooked up to a 1/24 scale 3 lane Scalextric track. Very rare. I use dead strips.

Haven't used it yet in a full club race. But ran several dozen laps on all three lanes, seemed to be very reliable. Remains to be seen if anything, like a cell phone or nearby garage door opener, might interfere.

It does not come with the dead strip cables. The same ones used for the DS200 or DS300 systems are used. In the US most vendors are stocked out. Electric Dreams in California had some in stock, though.

The 'key' thumb drive plugs into the laptop. The wireless transmitter is wired to the dead strips. On my layout, they are about 6 feet (2 meters) apart. I don't know and haven't tested the range. I also need to experiment with placing the transmitter out of sight, seeing if that will impact the signal.

The hardest part was loading the driver onto my laptop with Windows 7. I also loaded onto another laptop with Windows 10. They sent me two different drivers at no extra cost. The Win10 loaded very easily, Win 7 game me some problems, but finally got it done.

I agree, the website does not have much info. But Michel, with whom I communicated, was VERY, VERY helpful and VERY patient with me as I was trying to load the driver.
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty26/4/2017, 17:35

Thanks for all those info. I own PcLc used with DS300.. thats why I'm looking for a "Fresh" hardware in case the DS stops to work.

Need exoslot another hardware to manage the dead strips (other than the cables, I mean) or you can just plug-in the dead strips into the exoslot?
Back to top Go down
tlbrace

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty26/4/2017, 18:57

UDoKuoio wrote:
Thanks for all those info. I own PcLc used with DS300.. thats why I'm looking for a "Fresh" hardware in case the DS stops to work.

Need exoslot another hardware to manage the dead strips (other than the cables, I mean) or you can just plug-in the dead strips into the exoslot?

The package comes with a power supply (with all types of international adapters) that plugs into the transmitter. The transmitter itself is a small 'box' about the size of a deck of cards, with a 3 to 4 inch antenna. The package also comes with a thumb drive that plugs into the laptop/PC. A receiver is build into the thumb drive. Once you make the purchase, the vendor sends an email with the driver for the operating system you tell them you are using.

If you already have DS300 cables wired to your deadstrip, to use exoslot you will simply plug the other end into the transmitter instead of the DS300.

I also have been using the DS300, but I hate all the programming and beeping that goes along with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just got this... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got this...   Just got this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pc Lap Counter :: Hardware :: exoSLOT systems-
Jump to: