Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Segment = New Digital Race

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
edutsilva

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-06-10

New Segment = New Digital Race Empty
PostSubject: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty12/6/2020, 14:07

Dear Guy, I don´t know if it happens in other systems, but with Ninco it does and it seems to be an easy fix. If I´m not mistaken.

In Ninco N Digital there´s a reacing mode called NS. It´s time based. It´s the best way to SYNC the race between the powerbase and PCLC. It´s useful because the powerbase turns off the track power when the race ends. There´s in one minor problem tho when we are racing with multiple segments with racers changing IDs.

Imagine this:

4 racers
4 IDs (1,2,3 and 4)
ID rotation: 1-2-3-4
3 minutes per segment
1 minute between segments
The ideal would be to set a 3 minutes race in the Ninco Powerbase and repeat it 4 times so the powerbase would turn the track power on and off starting and ending each segment. And it does that. The problem is that PCLC only recognizes the start of the first race/segment. When the IDs rotate (i set PCLC to auto rotate IDs) and I start a new 3 minutes race on the pwerbase, the PCLC does not recognizes it as the start of a new segment. And it should.

Is it fixable? Can you please do it?

Thank you.

Eduardo
Back to top Go down
edutsilva

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty18/6/2020, 03:16

Dear Guy,

Is it possible to fix? Is it too hard?

Thank you

Eduardo
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty18/6/2020, 22:49

Hello,

For your information PCLC recognize 3 commands of the powerbase : start , pause and restart.
On my side i don't have a ninco digital track so it's hard for me to simulate but i think the ninco digital powerbase is not aware about segment and he always send the command "start race" in place of "start race" for the first segment and "restart race" for the next segment.
You can see the received commands from the powerbase in the message part of the ninco digital interface of PCLC, can you check if it receive "start" or "restart" ?

PS:
At this moment which version of Pc Lap Counter you use ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
edutsilva

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty18/6/2020, 23:03

You are right. The base sends the Start command, because it is a new race (for the base).

The problem is that PCLC does not recognize the new race (start command) as a new segement. If I would have to guess, i'd say it's because PCLC only understands the "restart" command as a new segment start. That is exactly what I'm asking you (Please) to fix. Start or restart should have the same effect: the start of a new segment.

I am using the 5.44 version.

Thank you.

guy wrote:
Hello,

For your information PCLC recognize 3 commands of the powerbase : start , pause and restart.
On my side i don't have a ninco digital track so it's hard for me to simulate but i think the ninco digital powerbase is not aware about segment and he always send the command "start race" in place of "start race" for the first segment and "restart race" for the next segment.
You can see the received commands from the powerbase in the message part of the ninco digital interface of PCLC, can you check if it receive "start" or "restart" ?

PS:
At this moment which version of Pc Lap Counter  you use ?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty19/6/2020, 22:31

I made a little modification in the ninco digital interface of Pc lap Counter to generate start command for the first segment and restart command for the next segment.
You can download the little fix here http://www.pclapcounter.be/TMP/rcninco108_544c.zip
Put the file new rcninco108.exe in the folder c:\Pc lap Counter , when you run Pc Lap Counter you should see v5.4.4 in the Ninco Digital interface of PCLC like here:

New Segment = New Digital Race Rcninc10

If the fix is working good then i will put it in the next official version.

Regards
Guy
Back to top Go down
edutsilva

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty23/6/2020, 13:46

Thank you very much Guy.

I will test the fix next saturday when I will be at my track and get back to you. I´m sure it will work.

Thank you again.

Eduardo

guy wrote:
I made a little modification in the ninco digital interface of Pc lap Counter to generate start command for the first segment and restart command for the next segment.
You can download the little fix here http://www.pclapcounter.be/TMP/rcninco108_544c.zip
Put the file new rcninco108.exe in the folder c:\Pc lap Counter , when you run Pc Lap Counter you should see v5.4.4 in the Ninco Digital interface of PCLC like here:

New Segment = New Digital Race Rcninc10

If the fix is working good then i will put it in the next official version.

Regards
Guy
Back to top Go down
edutsilva

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty28/6/2020, 18:18

Dear Guy.

It worked. Now I can set multiple timed segments in PCLC and each one is an individual race in the ninco base. There's a small time difference becuse the base only start running th clock when the first car goes by the detector and PCLC starts the clock after the base sends the start signal (after the base countdown ends), but it's something I can live with.

Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty28/6/2020, 23:47

Ok thank you for your report,  so i will put the modification in the next official version  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Segment = New Digital Race   New Segment = New Digital Race Empty

Back to top Go down

New Segment = New Digital Race
Page 1 of 1