Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Testing a joystick connection by simulation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gebli

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Testing a joystick connection by simulation Empty
PostSubject: Testing a joystick connection by simulation   Testing a joystick connection by simulation Empty18/5/2008, 23:39

Hi.

I apologize if my questions are too basic but I'm zero at electronics!

I have a dead-strip scx and as far as I understood from different posts, I should try making a connection through the joystick port rather than the parallel port.

Now, suppose I am able to make that connection... is there a way I can simulate the cars passing through the dead-strip without actually having the cables connected to the tracks?
I'm asking this because I don't have the scx at home Sad so I'd like to make sure it works and then just go to the scx and plug it in...

Any ideas?

Thanks much - Gebli
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Testing a joystick connection by simulation   Testing a joystick connection by simulation Empty18/5/2008, 23:56

Hello,

Pc Lap Counter is not compatible with Joystick port but this can help you:
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/pc-lap-counter-download-f21/gameport-connection-t298.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
gebli

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Testing a joystick connection by simulation   Testing a joystick connection by simulation Empty19/5/2008, 00:04

Thanks for the fast response. I guess I got confused after reading several pages. There was one stating that parallel and dead-strip were not a good combination.
I will look into the webcam variant... it should be easy to simulate at home far from my scx...

Gebli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing a joystick connection by simulation   Testing a joystick connection by simulation Empty

Back to top Go down

Testing a joystick connection by simulation
Page 1 of 1