Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Automatic track call [Done 5.19]

Go down 
+2
Snekke
lars_jacobsen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty
PostSubject: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty13/11/2008, 23:58

Hi Guy

We have been using PCL for quite som time and are still very satisfied.

Lately we have started to look at features that seems quite easy to include and will make the program much better

1. automatic track call
At present version the lapcounter will not count laps if the lap time is below the minimum set - would be perfect if you had the option to make automatic track call when this happens. Most of the times when a very fast lap i recorded it is because another car has gone in to the slot = 2 cars in the same slot (this is off course only analog). By automaticly stopping the race the official is able to give the lap to the deslotted car instead.

this would be a GREAT feature for many clubs

2. possibility to make the general rotations directly from the program
I have made different rotations etc. via Excel but it is not for everyone to do.

We think many users would love to have the rotation option directly in PCL

Nothing further from us so far

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snekke

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty16/11/2008, 15:00

Yes that would be GREAT.
The costum rotations editor in Trackmate is very good and we would love to have this feature in PCL.
Back to top Go down
lars_jacobsen

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty20/11/2008, 18:49

Hi Guy

Any thoughts on the 2 additions I mentioned?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty20/11/2008, 22:43

Last weekend i was at 24H of BSC ( 24 teams on a 24 lanes track and as you know they use PCLC since many years) and if automatic track call was implemented i'am sure that i never get out alive Very Happy , imagine 24 drivers waiting for race director each time a car deslot and cause lap time below the minimum lap time...think drivers and race director will get crazy geek
Maybe i can do it with a option but this is not a priority.

My priority now is to improve the heat editor to give the same possibilities as trackmate.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
lars_jacobsen

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty21/11/2008, 10:26

Hi Guy

Thx for the reply

I can see the problem with that type of event, but could be made as a simple setting whether you want to use the function or not - would certainly be a great help for normal rotation races Very Happy

Sounds great with improvements to the heat generator - when making these new possibilities would be ideal to also include the possibility to run normal type of rotation races.

The are normally run like this:

1. 1 minute of qualifying in a particular slot e.g. blue

2. after the qualifying all drivers are listed with best lap time first - should be possible to change the number of drivers for each heat if the number of drivers is not dividable with 4 :-)

3. based on the result the heats (heat = a race with rotation) are made like this: slowest 4 drivers = 1st heat - position 9-12 2nd heat - 5-8 3rd heat - 1-4 4th heat.

4. after these races are run - once again a result showing number of laps for each driver

5. 2. race starts with the 4 drivers with the lowest number of laps and so on

at the end of the second race a summary showing laps run in 1st and 2nd race - winner is the driver who drove most laps in either race 1 or race 2

I know this i quite extensive but will make your program even better than it is today

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Porsche Racer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty4/6/2011, 05:49

I would also like to see an Automatic Track Call along the same lines a SSDC does. Great feature for when you don't have enough marshalls and a car goes off. The track Call can be set to a user designated time of throttle inactivity and then pauses the race. This way it's not left to the racer to push the brake button+lane change button+off the throttle. Easier on the brain sometimes. Smile
Back to top Go down
lars_jacobsen

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty18/10/2011, 15:24

did you manage to do something futher with this automatic track call function Smile
Back to top Go down
glennmathias

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: automatic track call...   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty20/11/2011, 03:09

Guy,

Automated track call is neat. It is also good for younger drivers who don't understand the whole "track call thing" (but love to crash Smile ).

If you add the functionality of the automated track call, please add user defined time before the track call is triggered. (possible in seconds of no throttle).

Thank you for a great product,
Glenn
Back to top Go down
glengtl1

glengtl1

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: re auto trac call   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty22/12/2011, 01:21

I am in two mind re automatic track call yes if its in then maybe ill use it for kids racing .
My thoughts on track call are that its more an event the driver should initiate .Depending on the situation it may be quicker to reslot a car and loose less time so this is where my thoughts on track call penalty come in, so the driver has to way up a full green race reslot or stop other drivers with track call and recieve a penalty be that accumulated or a straight out stop and go penalty.On a track with marshals you wouldnt go near a track call but on a track that you are reslotting your own car or you have only other drivers to reslott cars then you will take the trackcall.
As guy said it is maybe something that works well with home based tracks but on a serious Track would cause grief i guess it depends on where most demand is comming from
Back to top Go down
Porsche Racer

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty22/4/2012, 08:34

Bump for Automatic Track Call.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty6/5/2012, 19:50

Done for Scalextric C7042 in version 5.19 , more information at www.pclapcounter.be cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Porsche Racer

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty7/5/2012, 08:01

cheers

Thanks Guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatic track call [Done 5.19]   Automatic track call [Done 5.19] Empty

Back to top Go down

Automatic track call [Done 5.19]
Page 1 of 1