Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Could it be a bug (image ending the race)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty
PostSubject: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty26/7/2009, 07:20

Hi Guy,
When we finish a race, racing with teams, after the final segment, after the first driver pass (not the winner) the finish line (after segment time is over) you can see a checkered flag (replacing the car picture... zoom windows), when the second driver pass (the winer) the checkered flag is not shown.

Not a big issue, just reporting.
Thank you.
Eduardo
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty26/7/2009, 14:21

Version of Pc Lap Counter ?
Lap or time limited race ?
Did you ticked the race otpion "At the race end, all drivers must finish their laps" ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty27/7/2009, 07:50

1) Version 4.58 (I use this one because one driver can be added to more of one team)
2) I use both I, Laps and Timer, I can't remember if there was any difference between them, I think that both had the same little issue. I will check anyway and I will tell you asap.
3) I have ticked the first option that put the option you mention as grey. "At all segment end, all drivers..."

Thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty27/7/2009, 16:46

I test it and it work fine, one thing to know: if a driver don't make any laps in a segment then PCLC not wait for him because maybe he is sleeping or drinking a beer geek
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty29/7/2009, 06:21

Laughing

I will check it this weekend and I will write down the exact steps to reproduce it.
Thank you Guy.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty12/8/2009, 06:15

I was trying to find a pattern, it is still happenning but I can't reproduce it to write down the steps. I will send it to you when I have the steps.
Eduardo
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Found it!, steps to reproduce it   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty24/8/2009, 08:22

Hi Guy,

I built the heats using Excel, I imported it, added an intersegment of 30 seconds.
2 teams, 6 drivers each, 2 minutes each segment, 36 segments.

Start the race, first two drivers, race until a sound says that the segment finished. The power on the track is still on. No Flag appears at the winner picture place, but ....

When a driver (no matter if it is the winner or not) pass the light bridge he will have the checkered flag, even if its position is 2nd. After a driver passed the sensor bridge, his lane power is cutt.

Easy to reproduce, it happen at every intersegment.

I will add another question about intersegments, to keep this thread clean.

Thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty24/8/2009, 22:18

ecominguez wrote:
Start the race, first two drivers, race until a sound says that the segment finished. The power on the track is still on. No Flag appears at the winner picture place, but ....
That's normal when you set "drivers must finish their lap".
ecominguez wrote:

When a driver (no matter if it is the winner or not) pass the light bridge he will have the checkered flag, even if its position is 2nd. After a driver passed the sensor bridge, his lane power is cutt.
That's normal when you set "drivers must finish their lap".
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty26/8/2009, 04:06

Guy, why is it normal?.

What means that driver "must" finish their laps, if after the heat is over the PCLC doesn't count the time or doesn't count for the final position.

When the sound shows that the heat is over, the winer of the heat is the one that passed before the end of the heat, is not like that?.

Now I am confused, Is the flag for the winner of the heat?

Thank you Guy.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty26/8/2009, 21:26

Explanation of "Driver must finish their lap":
When the segment is finished PCLC play the "segment end" sound and the bottom of the screen is orange which mean that PCLC wait for drivers to end their laps, flag is not yet displayed and the power on lanes is still ON (otherwise drivers could not end their lap...)
When the bottom of the screen is orange and a driver cross the S/F (no mather if it's the first or second driver) then PCLC display the flag and cut the power on the driver lane.
When all drivers have finished their lap then the bottom of the screen is red which mean that the race is paused and the and the race classification is updated (and track power is OFF).

In summary the flag is not for the winner of the heat, the flag is just showing that the driver have finished his heat.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty27/8/2009, 04:44

Understood Guy,
first... this is not a big issue, just a simple discussion.

My opinon, is that the flag should be for the winner. But it happen that even when the first that pass the line is two laps down, it receive the checkered flag, and the other, the one that won, does not receive it.

Still I don't understand very well what the option "to let the driver finish their laps". I understand what it means in English, and I know what it means in PCLC (let the cars arrive to the finish line, but I am not sure what it means in the race.

Let me know if this is correct

if "let the driver fhinish thier laps" is...
1) ON, means that the race will not finish until two drivers arrive, and that last lap counts.
2) OFF, means that you MUST let the cars in the exact place where they finish its heat, and next heat starts from there.

Thank you Guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could it be a bug (image ending the race)   Could it be a bug (image ending the race) Empty

Back to top Go down

Could it be a bug (image ending the race)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pc Lap Counter :: General-
Jump to: