Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stumbley

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops? Empty
PostSubject: Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?   Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops? Empty26/5/2010, 00:35

I currently use the DS-300 for lap counting, and control track power using a Phidget 0/4/4 interface connected to my parallel port. Is it possible to use the DS-300 sensors as triggers for pit stops using a Phidget interface, or do I need separate sensors to accomplish that? I also have a Phidget 8/8/8 that I can connect using a USB connection.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?   Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops? Empty26/5/2010, 21:53

You can't use the DS300 as a pit stops detector because when the car stay on the sensor the DS-300 not send special information, to detect pit stop you need separate sensors and connect them to a phidget interface.
Here is a schema for Phidget 0/16/16 but i don't know if it work with a 8/8/8:
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/phidgets-interface-kit-f14/schema-to-connect-detector-to-phidget-0-16-16-t265.htm
With diagram 1 you need to have 2 sensors per lane (one for pit IN and another for pit OUT), diagram 2 allow you to use only one sensor per lane (when the car stay on the sensor during 2 seconds Pc Lap counter will generate a pit IN and when the car leave the sensor Pc Lap Counter generate a pit OUT).

Hope this will help you cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
stumbley

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?   Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops? Empty27/5/2010, 00:40

Thanks, Guy. I had been using infrared emitters/detectors with my parallel port prior to the DS-300; now I guess I can use them for detecting pit stops. I just have to wire them up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?   Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I Use the DS-300 as a detector for pit stops?
Page 1 of 1