Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bellator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty
PostSubject: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty24/1/2011, 06:30

Hi Guy,
I think the issue with the first lap of a heat/segment being counted towards the driver's fastest lap is back. (You mentioned that you fixed a bug related to fastest segment lap calculation in this post.)

The fastest lap shown in the attached screen shots (3.864) was the first lap of the 4th segment of a recent GP we ran. This race is part of a larger Championship series. The Championship Classification is correct, and the points were awarded correctly (+1 was added to first place driver for fastest lap, making his total score 11), but the results that support that score when viewed in the Statistics Board are wrong. (And causing a bit of confusion.)

We ran this race using version 5.09. I upgraded to the latest version, 5.10f, and tried the Recompute Race Stats function, but nothing changed.

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] RaceHistory

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] TrackStats

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] DriverStats

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] CarStats

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] ChampClassification

By the way... what's up with those crazy toolbar icons showing up on the title bar?

Thanks for looking into this,
Brian
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty24/1/2011, 20:38

PCLC never consider the first lap as a possible fatested lap but it's like Pc Lap Counter still record the time in the database, will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty24/1/2011, 21:32

guy wrote:
PCLC never consider the first lap as a possible fatested lap but it's like Pc Lap Counter still record the time in the database, will be fixed.

If I understand your response correctly: PCLC handled the scoring correctly, but is not handling the display of the fastest lap correctly? We still need to record the lap (and the time), just not display it as the fastest lap in the stats board?

Also... let me know if you need data files to evaluate. I have a copy of the database and the config files from right after this race.

Brian
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty24/1/2011, 22:48

It's just a problem in the display of the stat board, the database will still keep the complete data of the race but the stat board should not take care of the first lap of a segment to calculate the best lap time for each drivers,cars and track.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty5/2/2011, 16:45

Hi Brian,

I think i found the bug but to be sure i would like to check your database, did you still have the database with the fatest lap issue ? can you send me the database so i check the data
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty7/2/2011, 18:40

I do. We have additional data in there now, but the original issue remains. How would you like me to get it to you?

(btw: sorry for the delay... the topic reply notification landed in my spam bin and I just saw it this morning.)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty7/2/2011, 22:51

no problem, you can send the database at info@pclapcounter.be (it's better to compress the database by using winzip)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty12/2/2011, 19:35

bug fixed in version 5.11, you can download version 5.11 at www.pclapcounter.be
REM: the fastet lap will be good only for new race, old race in the database will still keep the bad fatest lap and therefore it's better to delete all previous races.
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty13/2/2011, 23:22

Thanks! We will give it a go next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]   Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fastest Lap issue when running heats. [Fixed 5.11]
Page 1 of 1