Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zoom display missing all driver information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cmenning

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-24

Zoom display missing all driver information Empty
PostSubject: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty24/1/2012, 09:27

I am working with the demo version of PC Lap Counter (v 5.18). I have set up several drivers, cars, and a track and have had no problem running short practice sessions using the main display only. The main display shows car and driver information and updates as it should for pit stops, etc. However, I am unable to get the zoom display to show any driver information. When I bring up the zoom display, the fields for all six drivers are filled with placeholder material (e.g., "Guy," "00," "position"). None of the photos are visible. No lap information, etc. shows up. This is true regardless of whether I use the default zoom view or the alternative skin included with the program.

I receive an error message the first time I attempt to load the alternative skin included with the program. It reads:

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0035)
Application Terminated.
Error: Error calling external object function senddata

I am running a laptop with Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 (32 bit). My race hardware is a Scalextric Advanced 6-Car Power Base and Pit Pro Deluxe.

Can you help?

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty24/1/2012, 11:47

i think you have a problem in the connexion between the zoom screen and the main screen of Pc Lap Counter, by default the connexion use the TCP/IP port 7228 and the first time you open the zoom the windows firewall ask you if you are agree to allow access to the port 7228 or not , i suggest you first check the windows firewall and check the settings for the 7228.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
cmenning

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty24/1/2012, 20:56

OK, I will check my firewall settings when I get a chance; it may be a day or so.

However...

I should note that I am NOT networked to a second computer. I am using a single laptop. The problem persists regardless of whether I am using a second display (a second monitor attached to my laptop using an extended desktop configuration) or just bringing the zoom view up on my laptop's main display. Should the firewall or network settings make any difference in such a configuration?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty24/1/2012, 22:10

No difference because even the zoom display is not running on a second computer it use TCP/IP connexion.
Back to top Go down
cmenning

PostSubject: Many thanks!   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty26/1/2012, 08:59

Problem solved; thank you for assisting the newbie. I am really happy with the program and appreciate your responsive support.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty26/1/2012, 13:50

nice, did you solved via the windows firewall or it was other things ?
Back to top Go down
cmenning

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty30/1/2012, 08:28

Yes, it was a combination of the firewall and not having set up the port yet. (My ignorance, since I thought that option only had to be set up if networking to a second computer for zoom.) Many thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoom display missing all driver information   Zoom display missing all driver information Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoom display missing all driver information
Page 1 of 1