Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lap times

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kingkong

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Lap times   Lap times Empty11/6/2012, 23:59

Hi Guy

I have pit entry well before FL and run Oxigen.

How does PClapcounter count laptimes? Does PCLC ignore laptimes when entering pit and only count the lap? As noted on slotforum i have tried 100 laps and in the vast majority of cases it seems to ignore pit entry as FL for laptime but count the lap. But a couple of times it recorded it as FL and thus gave me a lower best lap time than what I should have had.

Can you clarify?

Thanks
Jonas
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap times   Lap times Empty12/6/2012, 00:04

Yes, look here
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
kingkong

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap times   Lap times Empty12/8/2012, 23:24

Hi guy. Any developments on this. Thanks
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap times   Lap times Empty13/8/2012, 18:04

Hi Kingkong,

At this moment no developments on this No
My first idea was to place 4 magnets in the pitlane and modify Pc Lap Counter to re-arange the different O2 event but it will generate too much modification in Pc Lap Counter and at this moment i didn't receive enough demand for this development :
2 magnets at the pit lane entrance ---> O2 send a lap and a Pit-in event --> Pc Lap Counter have to cancel the O2 lap and keep the Pit-in event.
1 magnet at the level of the S/F ---> O2 send a pit-out event --> Pc Lap Counter have to replace the Pit-out event by a lap (and calculate the lap time).
1 magnet at the pit lane exit ---> O2 send a lap --> Pc Lap Counter have to replace the lap by a Pit out event and the next lap time of O2 will be wrong and therefore PCLC have to calculate the good lap time.

for people who have not followed, that was my answer in slotforum.com in june 2012:
Pc lap Counter counts laptime to pit entry and that's normal because as you know pit entry is detected by 2 magnets with a distance of 5 to 10cm (in the O2 manual the first magnet is F3 and the second is P1) , when the F3 magnet is triggered then O2 count a lap and when the P1 magnet is triggered within 320ms after the F3 magnet then O2 send the "Pit in" signal to the RMS.
So in summary if the F3 magnet is not at the same level as S/F magnet then you have wrong lap time, i have to check if i can modify Pc lap Counter to work with your pit lane layout, i will let you know...

Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
kingkong

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap times   Lap times Empty14/8/2012, 00:05

Thanks. Too bad - however it should also be fixed directly in o2 in my opinion. I think flexible pitlanes will be a requirement as the system spreads. I'll move my finish line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lap times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap times   Lap times Empty

Back to top Go down

Lap times
Page 1 of 1