Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beta of version 5.20 available

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Beta of version 5.20 available Empty
PostSubject: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty21/6/2012, 22:52

Hi all,

First beta of Version 5.20 available here.
What's actually new:

1) Pacer/Ghost cars (for o2,Scalextric C7042 and PbPro) :
  • The ghost car settings are now linked to the car and no more to the driver (you can now specify the speed, random LC by car).
  • Add ghost car target lap time.
  • In the options screen you can specify the gap range where the automatic speed ajustment occur.

Beta of version 5.20 available 520pacer1
    Beta of version 5.20 available 520pacer2

2) Scalextric C7042:
  • You can now specify the Pit lane max speed.
  • Yellow flag also reduce the Ghost cars speed
  • The Track call "slow car" option is now replaced by "call pace car" which will start/stop the pace car mode (yellow flag).

Beta of version 5.20 available 520apb1

cheers

Last edited by guy on 21/7/2012, 12:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Denney

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 11:37

This is awesome. Everything works as advertised on my SSD layout and it seems my other issue of the cars slowing down (without a target lap time) has been fixed as well).

I do have some requests related to these features though but as this is a beta, I'm not sure where to post them... Here or in the demand section?

Edit: I've created the requests in the demand section while they're still on my mind.

https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1045-display-speed-for-pace-cars-using-target-lap-time
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1046-allow-pacer-cars-to-run-through-ssd-pit-lane
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Display speed for pace cars using target lap time   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 11:42

1)

In the 5.20 beta, the target lap time feature doesn't have anywhere that displays the currently speed when racing. This makes setting the normal pacer speed hard.

For example: I have a car set to 24 for pacer speed with a target lap time set. The first lap is done at 24 and, if the car is outside the adjustment gap, it doesn't speed up. If it's inside, it speeds up until it hits the target lap time.

Unless this new speed is set as the pacer speed, the next race will be the same as the first, where the car leaves at 24 and slowly speeds up again.
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Allow pacer cars to run through SSD pit lane   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 11:46

2)

With the current 5.20 beta, pacer cars just stop when entering the pit lane. This causes some issues when someone actually wants to pit. I tried setting the Pr and Po pit times but as each pacer car is a different speed, sometimes up to 5 seconds, it makes setting these options reliably almost impossible.

I want to request that the pace cars continue to run, at pit limit speed, through the pit lane, with lane changing disabled. This way, they will still run all the way through the pit lane but won't change lanes into any pit boxes or the like. Adding it as an option would be better so people with only 1 lane for their pit don't have to worry about pacer cars hitting them.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 12:35

Denney wrote:
In the 5.20 beta, the target lap time feature doesn't have anywhere that displays the currently speed when racing. This makes setting the normal pacer speed hard.

For example: I have a car set to 24 for pacer speed with a target lap time set. The first lap is done at 24 and, if the car is outside the adjustment gap, it doesn't speed up. If it's inside, it speeds up until it hits the target lap time.

Unless this new speed is set as the pacer speed, the next race will be the same as the first, where the car leaves at 24 and slowly speeds up again.
Hi Denney,

Not sure to understand but you can display the current speed of the pacer by displaying the Throttle Data window (in the SSDA6 interface of Pc Lap Counter just tick "Show Throttle data").

PS:
It's better to post requests related to version 5.20 here.
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 14:43

Sorry guy. I keep forgetting about the throttle data window because it's in the other window. Throttle data window works fine for what I meant.
Back to top Go down
palary

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/6/2012, 19:56

Hi,

The beta version seems OK.

Yellow flag can be called via SSD Throttle.
Pacer cars slow down under yellow flag.

I've not tried the target lap time.
Back to top Go down
palary

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Target lap time   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty23/6/2012, 12:31

I tested the target lap time feature this morning with 8 different cars and this is absoloutely fabulous !
Guy, you made a very good job and you deserve your vacations !

See you soon.

PC Lap Counter rocks !
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty23/6/2012, 17:01

Thank for the test Palary Wink
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty12/7/2012, 12:48

Hi Guy. I was meant to post this earlier but I've done some testing on the target lap time feature and I think I've found some issues.

With 1 or 2 pace cars on the track, it seems to perform flawlessly. If I have 3+ running though things start to get strange. I can't reproduce the problem exactly the same each time so I'll try and give you an idea of what happens through an example.

Pace car 1 has a target time of 8.5 seconds. Watching the throttle data screen, it speeds up each lap until it hits the time. Perfect.
Pace car 2 has a target time of 9 seconds. Again, the throttle data screen shows it picking up speed but instead of stopping at 9 seconds, it keeps speeding up each lap.
Pace car 3 has a target time of 8.5 seconds. Throttle data doesn't change at all and it stays on what it was set at for the start of the race, even though the car is doing 12 second lap times.
Pace car 4 has a target time of 10 seconds. Throttle data shows it works perfectly.

That's just one example and it seems to be completely random on which cars do what. I can say with certainty though that it only happens when more than 2 pace cars are on the track. I have also only tested it while running just pace cars, no humans racing.

On a related note, and I'm not sure how long this problem has been happening, but the PrPit and PoPit settings seem to be hit and miss. Sometimes they work, other times they don't. Watching the throttle data, it shows the lane change going from 0 to, what appears to be 4, constantly and stopping randomly (although it is the same time for each lap). Other times it works fine. If I stop and start the connecting to the powerbase a few times, it seems to fix it temporarily. If I start a few more races, the problem returns. I need to do some more testing on this but it's not really useful for me because all the cars are so different in their speeds (not stopping but slowing the car in the pits and disabling lane changes would be nice).
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty13/7/2012, 16:25

I will make a test this weekend and will let you know.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty15/7/2012, 17:53

I fixed the PrPit and PoPit problem and made some modification in the target lap time feature, just redownload version 5.20 to have the modifcation (the version of the SSDA6 interface of Pc Lap Counter is now at version 1.1.9)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty21/7/2012, 12:35

Version 5.20 released, you can download it at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty22/7/2012, 17:11

Great news. Will try the latest version tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 01:25

great job Guy, I like the update but am having a strange problem and could use your help.
After racing for several hours , one of my pace cars just sto[pped running it the middle of a race. checked the car nothing was wrong with it . but I change the chip and reprogrammed it and it worked fine with the apb base only, when i started the pclc progrsam the car would not run again. so I change the chip again and still nothing, so out of curiosity I changed to ssdc and started a race and the pace car came to live. I then put the pclc program back on and restarted a race, pace car dead again. So i decided to change back to pclc version 5.19 I did not change any settings at all.
( by the way when I downloaded version 5.19 and installed it the program shows version 5.18) anyway started the race up with the old version 5.18 and the pace car ran flawlessly no problems for another 2 hours of races. the problem comes back if I change back to version 5.20 I have tried 4 different chips in the car and same problem, so I don't think it's a chip problem. it seems to happen when the car is ID as pace car 3 or 4. so i changed the problem car to pace car 1 and i works fine so far.
also just a side question if a car falls off and when it is reslotted is a short happens I pause the race the save it but when I open the race back up what ever the fuel remaining was before the save is now the maximum fuel that can be put into the car. example before short and save of the race. if the screen shows I have 30/100 gallons left, after I re-open the race the maxximum fuel I can put in the car is 30 gallons not 100 is there any way to fix that.
thanks again for a wonderful program. Rick
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 12:42

Hi rick , thank you for the report,i will try to simulate your pacer cars problem this weekend but it's really strange as i made many test without any problems (but i have to say that i never test it during 2H).
Can you provide me more information:
- I suppose you have the latest version 5.20 ? (the one from www.pclapcounter.be)
- I suppose your APB have firmware 1.09 , correct ?
- How many pacer cars and how many "human" ?
- for pacer cars , did you set random Lane change or not ?
- How many heat/segment ?
- Problem occur in first heat ?

For the save problem i will see after.

Denney: have you try the latest version 5.20 ?, all is ok now ?

Last edited by guy on 27/7/2012, 00:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 16:18

Sorry Guy, got a little snowed under the last couple of days with stuff. Haven't had a chance to test the new version yet.

Hopefully tomorrow night I can test it.
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 17:49

Thanks for the quick response Guy
PCLC version 5.20
APB firmware version 1.09
2 human 2 pace cars
lane change set to random
3 heats, 7 segments
we find the problem happens randomly, we started with the 2 humans as drivers 1 and 2, the pace cars were drivers 4 and 6. Pace car 6 would stop running, pace car 4 was fine. changed the id of pace car 6 to pace car 3, still would not run.
tried 4 different chips in that car but no difference
reinstalled version 5.18 and pace car came back to life.
reinstalled version 5.20 and pace car dead again, so I don't think car is the problem
restarted the race with 2 humans and only 1 pace car, raced for over 2 hrs last night and no problem
today I will test with 2 humans and to pace cars again, but I will use 2 totally different pace cars and see if problem returns and let you know results
thanks, Rick
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 17:57

THESLOTCARGUY wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Guy
PCLC version 5.20
APB firmware version 1.09
2 human 2 pace cars
lane change set to random
3 heats, 7 segments
we find the problem happens randomly, we started with the 2 humans as drivers 1 and 2, the pace cars were drivers 4 and 6. Pace car 6 would stop running, pace car 4 was fine. changed the id of pace car 6 to pace car 3, still would not run.
tried 4 different chips in that car but no difference
reinstalled version 5.18 and pace car came back to life.
reinstalled version 5.20 and pace car dead again, so I don't think car is the problem
restarted the race with 2 humans and only 1 pace car, raced for over 2 hrs last night and no problem
today I will test with 2 humans and to pace cars again, but I will use 2 totally different pace cars and see if problem returns and let you know results
thanks, Rick

I'll take note of this and test it tomorrow night as well. I've cleared about 4 hours for myself tomorrow so I should be right to test it all out.
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 23:36

After some additional testing..... 3 pace cars all setting I believe are correct as the cars all run under version 5.18 when switched to version 5.20
pace car 1 & pace car 3 do not run but pace car 2 has no problem. however even though the 2 pace cars don't run.
if I pass them over the sensor of the APB the laps will count. very confused Rick
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty25/7/2012, 23:44

Have you set the pacer speed in the car settings window ?
In the race settings , for each driver have you specify the car to use ?

For you information since version 5.20 pacer Speed and random lane change parameters are now in the car settings window (not more in the driver setting windows).
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty26/7/2012, 03:05

Yes all the setting are correct all 3 pace car setting are the same, yet only pace car 2 will work
tomorrow iI will take picture of all the screens and maybe a short video also, so you can see whats going on
Rick
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty26/7/2012, 15:27

Ok, spent a good 4 hours testing the new build. I wasn't able to replicate Theslotcarguy's issue but, now that I think of it, there was some discussion on the same type of issue with SSDC. Can't remember exactly which forum is was on though (might have been on SSDC's feedback forum?).

Most of the features work fine Guy but I have a few issues / suggestions:

1. Because the pace cars now use the pit lane they appear to sometimes get a sudden boost in throttle when leaving the pit. This appears random. I.E. A car with a throttle of 28 will suddenly hit 48 when leaving the pit. It happened with 5 out of the 8 cars I tested.

2. Pace cars still change lanes while in the pit. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but I think they shouldn't change lanes after entering the pit to prevent the cars from entering actual pit bays.

3. Another bug / feature is that the throttle setting for "target lap time" at the end of the race is saved. This is an issue when running cars for a long period because throttle has to be increased when the motor get's hot, tires wear down etc. If you don't change the throttle setting back to what it was set at prior to the race, the car is likely to take off and crash on the first lap of the next race.

4. Lastly, and I'll put this in the requests forum if you want, is a request for a way to modify pace car throttle per car while racing. I've noticed that if a pace cars throttle gets increased 1 more position than the car can handle and the car crashes, it's very hard to slow the car back down without slowing down ALL of the pace cars, which then puts timing for them off as well.

Edit: Just a thought, in regards to number 4, maybe reduce the speed when pace cars are outside of the absolute gap set in options if the lap time is slower than the target rather than doing nothing. This would prevent cars staying at the throttle position just above their ability to grip the track.

An example might explain this better:

1. If car is FASTER than target lap time, DECREASE speed.
2. If car is WITHIN target lap time and MIN gap time, do nothing.
3. If car is within MIN and MAX gap time of target lap time, INCREASE speed.
4. If car is SLOWER than MAX gap time, DECREASE speed.

Other than that the pace cars seem to work pretty well. Great work as usual!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty26/7/2012, 15:56

Hi Denney,

Thank you for the test and your report, it comforts me that you didn't had the problem of TheSlotcarGuy , for sure TheslotcarGuy and myself have missed something !
1. Can you post your settings for Pit Lane max speed and Yellow Flag max speed (it will be nice to have a print screen of your screen "C7042 options")
2. Yes , i forgot to avoid LC when pacer is in the pit lane, i will do it.
3. You right, i need to find a way to backup the original speed at the beginning of the race and restore it at the race end.
4. You can do it but it's not "user friendly" : during the race just go in the car settings window and change the speed and Pc lap Counter will immediately send the new speed to the car.
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty26/7/2012, 16:50

guy wrote:
Thank you for the test and your report, it comforts me that you didn't had the problem of TheSlotcarGuy , for sure TheslotcarGuy and myself have missed something !
I've tried searching for the thread with the issue but can't find it. It was on either SSDC's feedback, SlotForum or SlotCarIllustrated. Hope that helps you guys.

guy wrote:
1. Can you post your settings for Pit Lane max speed and Yellow Flag max speed (it will be nice to have a print screen of your screen "C7042 options")
Sure thing:
Beta of version 5.20 available C7042_10

For reference, the cars that sped up randomly had their throttle setting between 25 and 35. Their throttle increased to between 48 to 52.

guy wrote:
4. You can do it but it's not "user friendly" : during the race just go in the car settings window and change the speed and Pc lap Counter will immediately send the new speed to the car.
Didn't realise it had effect straight away. You're right about it not being "user friendly" though. A little hard to manage when you're trying to race against them. My reasoning with the 4th option to slow the car down outside the max gap time is that if a car is going slower than the max gap time you either A) Haven't set the target lap time properly or B) The car has crashed as some point, most probably due to going to fast.

Glad I could be of help. Anything else I might need to test, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta of version 5.20 available   Beta of version 5.20 available Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta of version 5.20 available
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next