Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty
PostSubject: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty5/9/2012, 17:00

Hi there.

Okay, first of all, let's get some key info here...

Software is PCLC 5.20c, Track is Scalextric Sport Digital, Interface is C7042 Advanced 6 Car Powerbase, Windows XP Operating System with Service Pack 3 in place.

Networking connection is via WiFi to two other laptops also running the same PCLC s/ware.

Good news is that we've got all the data showing for the individual driver data, but we have a glitch when it comes to the position window. For some reason, whoever is in Lane 4 (for us, Orange Lane) will be shown on the leaderboard screen for maybe a second or two, and then it'll vanish, so the leaderboard will show everyone else, but they stay on screen.

The problem repeats itself on the other laptops EXCEPT the zoom screen on the computer that's running the race, HOWEVER, when the race finishes, everyone is shown.

I'll try and grab a screen shot in a little while, but I'm a little puzzled at this one. I've tried re-installing PC LC on the main computer & slave computers, but the problem wants to persist.

Edit - Why show a picture, when I can show you a video of the problem? - Let me know when you're happy and I'll link you the video via other messaging. Apparently since i'm new i can't link for first 7 days. (Spam i guess.)

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty6/9/2012, 17:53

Hello,

I made a test yesterday and when i use the wifi i had the same problem, i think the problem not occur when you use a network cable.
On my side i have to check my code and see why "slow connection" generate problem in the position box.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty6/9/2012, 20:59

Thanks guy,

I will check what happens when we use a network cable next time I get all the machines out, and obviously verify what's going on.

thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty9/9/2012, 18:59

Hello,

Can you made a test with version 5.21e , version 5.21e fix some minor bug in the zoom display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty9/9/2012, 19:18

Have just done so and can confirm the problem no longer exists once Zoom on all PC's is updated.

Thanks for your work on fixing this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.   Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position. Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoom Glitch? Position Window not keeping Lane 4 in position.
Page 1 of 1