Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anti collision code for ghost cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
justameinmd

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Anti collision code for ghost cars Empty
PostSubject: Anti collision code for ghost cars   Anti collision code for ghost cars Empty8/1/2013, 17:15

Greetings Guy!

I have been using your software now for a few months with my new Scalextric digital 7042 power base and love it. You have a wonderful product! I am mostly racing alone and have started using pace cars. I have found that anymore than two pace cars on the track and they are crashing into each other on the lane changers within 2 or 3 laps...

Is it possible to ignore a lane change request for lane 2 if the LED in lane 2 just detected a car say within 500ms of the Lane 1 LED seeing a car? have an adjustable timer in the software for anti collision. Question Base it off whatever LED got made first. This would not totally eliminate crashes as the car in the lane with the LED that got made first could of initiated a lane change. It would eliminate the car that just tripped the second LED from changing lanes and crashing into you. I would think that would take care of 50% of the crashes or more.

I'm not sure if you have any capability to control this or even see the LEDs in the software or not. Maybe it is something that could be done via firmware update to the base unit. A topic for another forum possibly.

I think it is something that if possible would make for an extremely enjoyable experience with the ghost cars if they were not crashing so much.

Regards,

Dave
Back to top Go down
palary

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Ghost car crashes   Anti collision code for ghost cars Empty12/1/2013, 20:13

Hi Dave,

I don't think this is possible since PCLC cannot be aware of car crossing or not a LC. This is a restriction due to the system, not the software. Some systems though exist like BLST (google it) to prevent cars from crashing but i think this is expensive.

I play most of the time alone driving a car against 2 ghost cars (one per lane) not changing lanes. There are very few incidents and you can concentrate on your race. A team consists of 1 pilot and 2 pacers so that you can drive all of your cars (6 cars, 6 heats) and you can see how your cars behave as ghost.
I think this is the funniest thing you can do racing alone. Oh maybe if you have other ideas or plans ?

Regards.

Phil.
Back to top Go down
justameinmd

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Anti collision code for ghost cars   Anti collision code for ghost cars Empty14/1/2013, 22:06

Thanks for the reply.. I figured this was probably not a possibility but I don't know the limitations of the system. I will have to try two ghost cars without switching lanes. That is probably a good safe alternative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti collision code for ghost cars   Anti collision code for ghost cars Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti collision code for ghost cars
Page 1 of 1