Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie question about LPT settings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Newbie question about LPT settings Empty
PostSubject: Newbie question about LPT settings   Newbie question about LPT settings Empty2/10/2006, 23:40

Hi there
I have just downloaded the demo of your software and is seriously considdering buying this product - do however have a couple of questions

We plan on using the Parallel port for the sensors building our own cable - this is quite simple, but my question is - if i buy the power relay hardware from dentronics will i have to connect the sensors to this as well or are they using different pins? (building a 4 lane track and want to have sensors + power control)?

Looking forward to hearing from you

:-)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Newbie question about LPT settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question about LPT settings   Newbie question about LPT settings Empty3/10/2006, 10:36

Dontronics box use only output pin (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9).
To use sensor on parallel port with dontronics box for power control you have to make a special cable that separate input pin (pin used by the sensor) and output pin.
I make it for my home track and it's very simple to make a Y cable (male and two female) , one female taking pin 10,12,13,15,25 (for sensor) and other female taking pin 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 for dontronicx box.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be

Newbie question about LPT settings
Page 1 of 1