Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lag time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kevindeardorff

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Lag time Empty
PostSubject: Lag time   Lag time Empty19/3/2013, 22:39

I have been enjoying your software and I appreciate your constant updating of the features. Now that I have been using it for awhile, I noticed that some cars have a lag time between when they cross the finish line magnets and when they actually get scored on the computer. Most of the time the lag is minimal, but sometimes the lag can be 3 to 5 seconds. Our group also noticed that when we are racing multiple cars and they cross the finish line close together (within 1 or 2 car lengths) that the order is sometimes incorrect. It seems that once a car is leading and it crosses the line close behind another car, it still ends up leading.

I am running the software on the following PC:
Windows XP v2002 service pack 3
Intel Core2 Duo CPU
2.33 GHz 1.99 GB RAM

I downloaded the most recent version of the software (5.26c) and I have updated the firmware on the Oxigen components, but I am still having the lag problems. I tried running with just the default car pictures and no racer pictures just to make sure the picture files weren't too big. I am running with the new fuel gage and I have change the fonts in some of the columns.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your assistance.
Kevin
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Lag time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag time   Lag time Empty20/3/2013, 13:58

A delay of 0.5 or 1 sec is normal but if it's more then there is something wrong in PCLC or others.
You can have a long delay when you use big pictures for cars and/or drivers but you already test it with little picture and so the problem is not there.
To know if it'a PCLC problem i suggest you try with the Slot.it Chrono software and if you have the same problem then it mean that something wrong with the track.
If you don't have any problem with the Slot.it Chrono software then it mean there is something wrong in PCLC.
By the way , when you had the problem , how many cars were on the track ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
kevindeardorff

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Lag time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag time   Lag time Empty20/3/2013, 18:14

I did some testing using the Slot.it Chrono software a few days back and I think it did much better, but I will try it again and see.

We normally one run three to five cars at a time. The one specific occurrence was when three of us were very close at the finish line, maybe two car lengths from first to third. The finish order was inverted; first was third and third was first, second was second. It is interesting that I also have one car that has more of a problem with lag than others. It will usually start out fine, but gradually get to a sporadic 3 to 5 second delay. It always records the lap, so I done see how it could be related to the car chip .

I have a USB wireless device plugged into the PC. Are there any devices or background software that could be interfering with PC Lap Counter. I only use the PC for slot car racing. Would a faster machine or more memory make a difference?

Thanks for your support.
Kevin
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Lag time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag time   Lag time Empty21/5/2013, 03:16

Sorry for the delay....
your computer is fast enough, i use pretty the same computer on my test track.
On my side i made some test (with 2 cars) and i have seen lag time when i plug another usb device like a arduino board and so maybe your wireless usb device could generate also lag time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Sponsored content

Lag time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag time   Lag time Empty

Back to top Go down

Lag time
Page 1 of 1