Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty
PostSubject: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty15/7/2014, 01:23

Hey guy,

just checking but is the Arduino serial output working fully for you in Version 5.31D?

I'm working on a start light gantry project, and whilst my code receives the 5 countdown lights, it doesn't get the codes sent to it for GO and turning the other lights back off. (IE, the serial monitor is showing that PC LapCounter is not transmitting the codes.)

Obviously if other people say theirs is working, then I can put the cause down to my PC.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty16/7/2014, 18:47

That's strange, i will try to check tonight and will let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty16/7/2014, 19:41

I check it and Pc Lap Counter 5.31d send the command for the go light:

Look here:

Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Arduino_golight
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty16/7/2014, 20:40

Then obviously something is wrong my with my com ports. At least it sorts one thing out!

Thanks guy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty16/7/2014, 23:00

Maybe it's not a com port problem, can you post a printscreen like i did so we can see if the data format is good or not.
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty17/7/2014, 21:42

Hey guy,

I have confirmed the data format is good.
Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Pclcst11

It would appear a virus infected my machine through another family members machine. Thankfully nothing lost or harmed.

My project is working for the red countdown lights, I just need to sort some other bits out to get Green & Yellow working. =)
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty18/7/2014, 13:51

Now that I'm pretty much running with this, I have just 3 questions...

Under OPTIONS > POWER CONTROL & LIGHTS and "Starting Lights" group, there are 2 options for the countdown lights.
With these disabled, all is smooth running. However, the "blink" option - is it possible to change the frequency at which these blink on and off?
(Maybe diving into one of the many PCLC files?) -

Also, the option says "Let all countdown lights blink during trackcall" - When i've been using they haven't blinked during the track call (Pace Car) but only when the PAUSE button was used. Is this correct?

Last one (i promise!), I had BOTH of these checked at one point - if I used the "Pace Car" option, the operation of the Lights coming on and off was unreliable and intermittant. Anyone else showing the same? I turned them both off and it seemed to be completely accurate then.

(I'll share some pics of what I've been working on shortly  Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty18/7/2014, 14:38

This is an old C209 Scalextric Start Gantry with old electronics gutted and custom ones fitted. I can't take credit for the idea, i got that from someone on SlotForum Int.

I just chose to refit it with Superbright LEDs rather than standard diffused. I'm also working on a wireless link to help reduce cabling.

Back to top Go down
BgHurt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty13/10/2014, 10:04

Guy, how did you get this screen show? as in how did you get COM Port toolkit to show you your COM port messages? I cant get it to open my port as its already in use.

guy wrote:
I check it and Pc Lap Counter 5.31d send the command for the go light:

Look here:

Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Arduino_golight
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty13/10/2014, 23:06

i made it with the capture feature of the com port toolkit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?   Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Version 5.31D - Arduino Serial Output not working correctly?
Page 1 of 1