Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BgHurt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-10-08

Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty
PostSubject: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty22/10/2014, 00:05

Not sure if I should put this in Demand or here for an Arduino Protocol request.

Send Actual Fuel Information:
I was wondering if you could pass the Fuel Information via the protocol?

Can you pass along this info? Something like FLnnxxx (nn = car/lane, xxx = level out of 100).

Or whatever you see fit to send over.

Last edited by BgHurt on 22/10/2014, 23:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty22/10/2014, 13:22

topic moved to the demand section Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
BgHurt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty26/10/2014, 10:26

Another route may be to add it to the end of the current message:

CFnnLxxxxPxxTHH:MM:SS.mmm

Like:

CFnnLxxxxPxxTHH:MM:SS.mmmFxxx

or:

CFnnLxxxxPxxFxxxTHH:MM:SS.mmm
Back to top Go down
GregWoods

GregWoods

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-10-02

PostSubject: Yes, yes, yes please!   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty12/1/2015, 11:57

I have had great success designing a leaderboard  tower using the PC Lap Counter Arduino protocol/api. This API is the only reason I chose PCLC over RCS64 or SSDC.
The image below doesn't show the colours too clearly, but they are very colourful in real life, and match the Scalextric digital hand throttle colours.

Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Wp_20110

I am in the process if designing a version 2 of my leaderboard gantry, and I really want to display fuel levels, but was disappointed to see no fuel level in the Arduino protocol.
Obviously, I could make use of the fuel level LED outputs, but this is very restrictive, only showing 3 fuel states, full, not full and low.

The API should report the exact fuel level, and it is up to the hardware whether to show a red LED when fuel is low, or '0' on a 7 segment display, or a buzzer, or a percentage fuel level.

I would be very happy with the format FLnnxxx (nn = car/lane, xxx = level out of 100)  as has already been suggested. I'd suggest sending it every second, or at the same frequency the data is sent to the Pit Pro.

I would still make use of the low fuel LED, so that PCLC can control when the low fuel warning occurs, instead of my hardware.

Keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty8/2/2015, 14:30

Fuel level will be available in version 5.34 , Beta of version 5.34 available here: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1312-beta-of-pc-lap-counter-5-34-available
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty22/2/2015, 15:47

Done in version 5.34, Pc Lap Counter 5.34 available at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]   Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34] Empty

Back to top Go down

Arduino Feature Request [done V5.34]
Page 1 of 1