First of all my compliments for the great work you are doing!
I strongly support this request, because it is the "missing icing on top of the cake"!
IMHO as of current PCLC version (5.43c) on the zoom screen are already available:
- Current heat result (within lanes boxes)
- Current session result (in a separate box)
the best solution is to add a new box to present the general results of the race at the point in time of the current session.
I made some prototyping on PCLC database on an effective race managed, resulting this query:
SELECT A.DriverID As Driver, A.Lap As Laps, A.LapTime As LastLapTime, A.LaneID As InLane,
A.DriverRaceTime As LastLapAtSecond, A.TeamID, A.CarID, A.FuelUsed, A.FuelLeft,
FROM RaceLaps A
WHERE A.RaceID = 36
AND A.DriverRaceTime < 780
AND RecID IN (SELECT MAX(B.RecID) As MaxRecID
FROM RaceLaps B
WHERE B.RaceID = 36 AND B.DriverRaceTime < 780
GROUP BY B.DriverID)
ORDER BY A.Lap DESC,A.DriverRaceTime ASC;
In this query:
- 36: is the RaceID currently running (repeated two times, one in the main query one in the subquery)
- 780: is the number of seconds since beginning of current session (also repeated two times, one in the main query one in the subquery)
Data coming from this query should be refreshed once in a period to let people looking at it to analyze data presented.
IMHO it should be configurable between 15 seconds and 10 minutes because:
- in a sprint race I would like to have it refreshed every 30 seconds.
- in a 24h race I would like to have it refreshed every 2 to 5 minutes
Drivers/teams currently running could be put in evidence with a different background colour if requested (it is important for sprint races while is not important for endurance races).
Let us know if you consider it applicable!
P.S: probably this post should be moved to "Demand" section with title "ZOOM - Classement général"; there is already another request from a Portuguese club titled "Overall Rating on zoom screen". IMHO both are describing the same functionality.