Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlexF6

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-11-12

SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file Empty
PostSubject: SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file   SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file Empty17/2/2018, 04:57

Hi all

I've had PC Lap Counter working fine for over a year and a half. Then last Sunday 11/02/18 whilst having a slot car session with kids, having worked for over 3 hrs, after returning from going to the bathroom i noticed PC Lap Counter was not operational. I restarted and it seemed to go into a new installation asking for a language. I selected English and then it stated it was missing the SCL Timer 740.msi file
I ended the slot car session and have tried today to fix it but it still says it's missing the SCL Timer 740.msi file.

I have tried the following searching for the file on the original cd - no luck, re-installing from website version 5.41e twice with no luck, browsing the PC (i notice a directory called SCL Timer 740) but the required file is not in there.

I'm not sure what to do next?

Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down
AlexF6

PostSubject: progress   SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file Empty17/2/2018, 07:53

ok so installed again from my original cd and then from the website, but this time i did a full pc reboot after each install. Now

i actually startup PcLap counter but it had a default skin which i replaced with my saved custom skin 'nfsalex.pld". All my stats are there as well. However i seem to have lost all my driver, car and track database.

Anyone know whether these might have been lost? or a recoverable somewhere?

Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down
AlexF6

PostSubject: Progress 2   SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file Empty17/2/2018, 10:01

I downloaded from the web a database viewer mdb viewer plus and opened the database file pclc_505.mdb i then exported the best driver and car stats into text csv files. After a cleanup with excel i managed to extract my 33 drivers in one txt file and 111 cars in another txt file. i then imported these text files using pclap counter in the driver and car views. After entering my track details again, and adding a picture to one car i have at least proven to get pc lap counter up and running again with at least one car. Now all i have to do is to import the images for the remaining 110 cars (ill do that as i use each car again) and i should be back to square one again.

Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file   SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file Empty

Back to top Go down

SCL Timer 740.msi missing installer file
Page 1 of 1