Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mileage712

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-12-24

Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty
PostSubject: Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter   Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty16/12/2019, 18:48

I'm just curious. Who on there has PC Lapcounter and also own a Scalextric Arc Pro Digital Power Base with the wireless controllers. I have two 7042 Advance Power Bases and have pretty much retired them as the wireless controllers make marshaling so much easier. Not to mention just allowing races to pick the view and position where they like to race from.

I know there is a lots of support for other power base/detection systems. But given Scalextric is not including a 7042 in any kits. If digital support is going to continue maybe a new version of PCLC is desirable by more than just me.

I keep asking companies to support Arc Pro which is clearly the future in sets.

Who has an Arc Pro setup?

Would you like to have a better program than the Scalextric App, or the choice to run on Windows instead of a mobile device/tablet?

Would you pay for a new version of PCLC (even if you already own a full license) if there was a rewrite for the Arc Pro?
(personally I would pay for Arc Pro support)

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
genie2369

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter   Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty3/4/2020, 01:35

I am looking to get into this new system but need to know that there will be support from PCLC before I make he move.
Back to top Go down
Mileage712

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-12-24

PostSubject: Not from what I can see   Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty3/4/2020, 02:57

genie2369 wrote:
I am looking to get into this new system but need to know that there will be support from PCLC before I make he move.

I can tell you from talking to guys I know that use PCLC the support seems to be going to the very high end. That is to say it's going toward Oxigen. i suppose from a developer standpoint that is ok if PCLC were so good it forced everyone to get rid of their Scalextric, or Carrera digital and move to Oxigen. However I don't see that happening unless Scalextric and Carrera and all the other digital slot car set manufacturers decide to make Oxigen protocol included in their digital set protocol. That would mean tossing away their captive customer base and having to compete thru innovation in car design, detail etc.

If you want to look at Arc Pro I would just do it and try the Magic Arc software (available on Windows 10, Apple iOS and Android). Its a great program and the price is based on your assessment and subsequent donation.

Scalextric also has a nice app. The most glaring deficiency is the lack of a landscape mode for phones and tablets. This means you can use your device and mirror to a bigger screen but the image will be in portrait mode and a lot or screen real estate is lost. This app is available on Android and Apple iOS. Its got some great features and a tournament mode. Well worth the free download and Scalextric considers it their included offering with set.

The other upside is if you have not tried digital this is a great way to jump in. Later if you go to the O2 version of PCLC you can use the controllers, and lane changer that come with Scalextric Digital sets without modification as slot-it's oxigen system is compatible with those components. What you would have to change would be the in car chip as Oxigen has it's own protocol (however slot-it in car chips have a Scalextric compatibility mode that can be switched on so you can still race on Scalextric Arc Pro sets your friends might have).

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
genie2369

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter   Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty3/4/2020, 17:16

The problem is that I already have invested a lot of money in SCX Digital and have many cars, so if I was to his vest in the Scalextric digital I will have to buy a lot of chips to convert most of my cars. This is why the hesitation on Choosing to get into Scalextric digital. I love the PC lap counter interface with SCX digital, that is why I asked a question about the Scalextric digital ARC pro. Buying the Oxigen interface is out of the question for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter   Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter Empty

Back to top Go down

Who on this forum has a Arc Pro Wireless Digital Powerbase and want PCLapcounter
Page 1 of 1