Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2006-05-23

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty
PostSubject: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty10/1/2021, 13:43

Bonjour Guy,

running pclapcounter (5.01) on a very old and not longer stable laptop using win2000 I thought I migrate it to a newer one.

However, already the installation on a more recent laptop under win10 showed an unexpected message as indicated in another thread:

Code:
Unable to extract IO.SYS. Login as a user who has such permissions.

Ignoring this an starting the demo as described

•    Start Pc Lap Counter program
  •       Click on the ‘New race...’ button and Click on the  ‘OK’ button.
  •       Click on the ‘START’ button
  •       To simulate laps use keyboard key, TRACK 1 to 10 : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 and TRACK 11 to 16 function key F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 (more keyboard shortcuts here)

already fails in step2 - the OK button is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

However, I can setup drivers and track and then also setup a new race. Then the OK button can be pressed. But this race cannot be saved and the message shows up

Code:
Error while creating the file \\log\log.RAC - the File is probably read only.

Have I done anything substantially wrong?
Addendum: I have admin rights

Kind regards

Gerald

Last edited by Zwiebelring on 12/1/2021, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zwiebelring.net
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty10/1/2021, 14:12

Hello Gerald

Did you setup your Pc Lap Counter to use the parallel port ?
if yes then sorry but Pc Lap Counter not support the parallel port on windows 10 Sad
As you know Parallel port is now obsolete, maybe it's time to use another detection system like DS lap counter , Phidget interface or Arduino board, etc
Also on windows it's better to use the latest version of Pc Lap Counter.

Regards.

Guy

Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty10/1/2021, 14:17

I use the parallel port on my track for lights and track power - and I know that this is not supposed to work on Win10.
However, I have not even connected anything yet to my new laptop and these issues show up.
I'm right after having installed PCLC demo and wanted to do the first steps without track.
Back to top Go down
Pistamania

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty11/1/2021, 11:39

Zwiebelring wrote:
I use the parallel port on my track for lights and track power - and I know that this is not supposed to work on Win10.
However, I have not even connected anything yet to my new laptop and these issues show up.
I'm right after having installed PCLC demo and wanted to do the first steps without track.

Yo he tenido el mismo problema en Win 7. guy ya advirtió de que a partir de la versión 5.41, dejaría de operar el puerto paralelo, aunque ha olvidado eliminarlo de la selección de los detectores al hacer la primera puesta en marcha del sistema.

Siempre puedes utilizar un pc mas antiguo con XP o Win7, que soporte puerto paralelo, exclusívamente para tu pista, o como te dice Guy, utilizar un Arduino.
Aquí tienes el programa para Arduino, para gestión de potencia y detección de paso para 4 coches. Solo tienes que reasignar 8 pines más en el programa, 4 para detección y otros 4 para la gestión de energía (si tu sistema es de 8 coches) o los que necesites para encender las luces del semáforo.

Buena suerte:

https://github.com/gabe2001/PCLapCounterWithArduino/blob/master/sketchbook/PCLapCounterFourLanesLapsOnly/PCLapCounterFourLanesLapsOnly.ino
Back to top Go down
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty11/1/2021, 12:04

Muchas gracias Pistamania,

as I wrote above my PCLC installation doesn't know anything about the track behind. I installed it on a "new" laptop under win10, but the laptop is not connected to my track. Already during installation there was this io.sys error message. And starting the demo I couldn't make the program running as described

•   Start Pc Lap Counter program
  •      Click on the ‘New race...’ button and Click on the  ‘OK’ button.
  •      Click on the ‘START’ button
  •      To simulate laps use keyboard key, TRACK 1 to 10 : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 and TRACK 11 to 16 function key F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 (more keyboard shortcuts here)

There is no word about setting up a track or a measurement system and I wanted to just test the demo. But it didn't let me do that. And even when I entered the driver and track settings it was not possible to save the data. My impression is that it doesn't have anything to with track settings, but with the software installation. Am I doing anything completely wrong - any idea?

As I wrote above - I have admin rights

Kind regards

Gerald
Back to top Go down
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty11/1/2021, 12:58

Also it seems that some of the data are stored directly in the rootdir, which might be a reason that \\Log\log.RAC couldn't be created

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Rootdi10
Back to top Go down
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty11/1/2021, 18:13

This seems to become nasty.

Since there was no real progress - I wanted to try a reinstallation. Unfortunately first the deinstallation apparently was not successful, either: Pclapcounter did not disappear from the list of installed software. Also, although another installation afterwards seemed to go through, effectively no files had been installed. I also tried another installation directory - it was just empty after installation.  

[In the meantime I'm wondering, whether anybody installed PCLC already onto win10 ... ?]

So I decided to reset my laptop to the win 10 factory settings. Now at least pclapcounter was no longer in the list of installed software. I tried another PCLC installation. There were some good news: The io.sys error message did not show up this time, files had been generated in the proper PCLC directory and no ones are on c://. However, I'm not sure that the installation finished properly, because the installation screen hasn't closed

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Instal10

Unfortunately, when starting PCLC the first time the io.sys mesage showed up again

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Iosys10

And finally when setting up a race I ended up at the very same point as with my first attempt:

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Log10

I think I tried everything I could - please is there any help out there?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty11/1/2021, 23:45

Reset to the win 10 factory settings is a good decision but it's like there something wrong during the installation because at the end the installation screen should close.
i suggest you to:
- Reset to the win 10 factory settings.
- for the installation of Pc Lap Counter right click on the installation file of Pc Lap Counter and select "Run as administrator" and always click on "next"
- After the installation when PC Lap Counter ask you your detector type never select "parallel port",in place select "other".

Regards.

Guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Zwiebelring

Zwiebelring

PostSubject: RESOLVED - run installation as administrator!   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty12/1/2021, 13:46

Thanks Guy,

so I did it a third time: Back to Win10 factory settings and afterwards a new installation of PCLC.
This time I made sure that I ran the PCLC installation as Administrator as advised by you.

The installation went through without problems and finished - no hanging and no error messages either. Also for the first time it went into the
screen to ask for my detector (which is DS300). I'm going to check it out now on my track and will then register (I want to have the old laptop still as backup).

Guy, merci bien for your help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work   RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work Empty

Back to top Go down

RESOLVED: Win10 - Installation somehow finished, but demo doesn't work
Page 1 of 1