Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pit Stops using timing Gantry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the Professor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty
PostSubject: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty11/10/2007, 04:26

Hello Foiler,

How are you connecting your lightbridge to your system. I am using the DS lightbridge with the phidget board from Mainline Hobbies. I can get my car to use fuel but cannot get it to refuel.
Back to top Go down
Foiler

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty11/10/2007, 18:41

the Professor wrote:

How are you connecting your lightbridge to your system. I am using the DS lightbridge with the phidget board from Mainline Hobbies. I can get my car to use fuel but cannot get it to refuel.

I am connecting my light bridge to a Phidget 0/16/16 interface board.
Have you checked to make sure that your Phidget board is receiving a Logical "1" when your car is sitting beneath your light bridge? If your Phidget board is receiving a Logical "0", you will count laps and use fuel, but refueling will NOT work.

Read the following article, if you haven't already. The article explains the situation more thorougly:
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/Phidgets-interface-kit-f14/Phidget-Tips-for-PC-Lap-Counter-t265.htm

I suspect that you need to install some pull-up resistors between your light bridge and your Phidget board, per the drawing in the above article.
A quick check to determine the correct Phidget state for PCLC is the following:

Correct Operation for Lap Counting AND Refueling:
The Phidget 0/16/16 Green L.E.D.'s (normally OFF) will flash ON, when a car passes under your light bridge. This indicates that the Phidget is receiving a Logical "1" when the car blocks your light sensors.

Incorrect Operation for Refueling:
The Phidget 0/16/16 Green L.E.D.'s (normally ON) will flash OFF, when a car passes under your light bridge. This indicates that the Phidget is receiving a Logical "0" when the car blocks your light sensors.

I hope this helps.
Foiler in MI
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty13/10/2007, 14:48

On the PCLC side.....Are you sure that you have ticked the options "Generate Pit IN...." '(in cars detection tabpage) , like here ?

Pit Stops using timing Gantry PhidgetPitstop2

If the option "Generate PIT IN..." is grayed it means that you have ticked the options in the pit stop tabpage !!!.
Tick "Generate PIT IN..." in pit stop tabpage is only when you have separate detector dedicated for pit stop...

Last edited by on 17/10/2007, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty15/10/2007, 21:45

I have contacted Mainline Hobbies and it works at 100% with DS bridge....of course with the good setting (see my previous post) cheers
Back to top Go down
Pepsikid

Pepsikid

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty30/11/2023, 07:13

Could you please clarify - If the option "Generate PIT IN..." is grayed it means that you have ticked the options in the pit stop tabpage !!!.
Tick "Generate PIT IN..." in pit stop tabpage is only when you have separate detector dedicated for pit stop...

Does this mean you need to tick "Generate PIT IN... on both Car Detection Tab AND Fuel Detection Tab? Logic would tend to lead you to believe, it is ticked ONLY on the tab where listing the sensor config. If NOT using the sensor for both Timing and Pit detection if makes no sense to tick the option on Car Detection tab because the sensor to use is not listed, it is only listed on Pit stop tab, therefore Tick option on Car Detection Tab is ONLY for using the sensors listed on page and when the sensors are for BOTH Timing and Fueling. If using separate sensors for Pit operations from Timing operations the option is ticked only on the Pit Stop (Fuel) tab.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty3/12/2023, 01:27

Pepsikid wrote:
therefore Tick option on Car Detection Tab is ONLY for using the sensors listed on page and when the sensors are for BOTH Timing and Fueling. If using separate sensors for Pit operations from Timing operations the option is ticked only on the Pit Stop (Fuel) tab.
Hello,

Yes that's correct :-)

Regards.

Guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops using timing Gantry   Pit Stops using timing Gantry Empty

Back to top Go down

Pit Stops using timing Gantry
Page 1 of 1