Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lane penalty?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Lane penalty? Empty
PostSubject: Lane penalty?   Lane penalty? Empty6/11/2007, 01:48

Hi Guy

As you know our timing hardware is now working like a dream, giving us time to think of new development to the timing software - here is our thought:

At present most of the penalty updates made to PCL are based on digital systems, but we have a feature that could be great for analog tracks - especially if people use the "track call" option.

It has been agreed at our track that ONLY if e.g. 3 cars have fallen off - you are allowed to yell "track" - but in a fierce fight with other cars - drivers often ask for a track call even though only 1 or 2 cars have run off.

Would it be possible to make a stop and go penalty that equals the jump start penalty for each lane = track 1 calls for track despite being the only one that has crashed - as a consequence he is given a "stop&go" - which means that once power is back on his car will stay an aditional number of seconds. This could e.g. be done via simple click on driver during pause race

Hope you know what I mean with the above - would be a great way to ensure that only "real" track calls are made

:-)
Back to top Go down
lars_jacobsen

Lane penalty? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lane penalty?   Lane penalty? Empty6/11/2007, 01:52

ups - just read the stop and go development, and seems this is already in the software

Please correct me if I am wrong in seing that for our track we should simply chose to "uncheck" MY SYSTEM SEND PIT IN - this way our phidget card will just cut power for the seconds chosen

GREAT if it works this way

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lars_jacobsen

Lane penalty? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lane penalty?   Lane penalty? Empty6/11/2007, 02:05

Just checked the function out, and that is exactly what we were looking for

So GREAT program once again

I am also considering to add sound for some of the drivers achievements, but one seem to be missing = best lap in segment - would this be a thinkable add on?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lane penalty? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lane penalty?   Lane penalty? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lane penalty?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pc Lap Counter :: Race Setting - Config courses-
Jump to: