Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty
PostSubject: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty1/12/2007, 18:44

Here is the proposition of djlutz (member of this forum in SCX digital) , i think it's a very good proposition:

Functional description: 'how to damage' (proposal):
1) 4 damage in game levels (as you comented): Light, Medium, Severe, Total. All of them should be configurable.
2) 3 damage play levels. Novice, Intermediate, Simulation. This are ways that PCLC applies the damage time depending on player levels.
3) As soon as one car is out of track (no thottle info is sent because pilot left the controller), then PCLC should wait 2 seconds to began to count damage. It would be to avoid probable track problems, and minor track-outs (this time could be configurable too).
4) As soon as the 2secs have passed PCLC will began to count penalty time for this car:
a) For novice mode, the time counted, is the timed that car has been out off track.
b) For intermediate, the time counted should be multiplied by 2.
c) For Simulation mode, the time shoud be multiplied by 3.
5) When the car has cross the S/F line, but its still damaged, and the driver hasn't stopped at pit box, (for each lap done with car damaged and not repaired) , should be added a quantity of seconds as damage evolution concept (configurable).
a) For novice mode, each time that driver crosses the SF line without halting at Pit and the car is still damaged, each lap should be added a 10% of actual time penalty.
b) For intermediate, should be added a 20%.
c) For simulation, should be added a 30%.

Functional description: 'how to repair damage at PitBox' (proposal): The penalty time of damage is the time that has been counted and calculated (all track_outs time+added penalty time for each lap not entered to Pit Lane).
1) Car arrives at Pit lane (Pit in detetcion).
2) Driver presses LaneChange button .--> Then PCLC begans to discount the the time of damage (countdown of the total amount of time stored).
3) Driver pushes throttle at controller--> then SCX-D central unit begans to fill the fuel tank (could be that fuel is totally refueled before damage time has finished, or that driver wants to leave before tank is full).
4) PCLC will say when all damaged has been repaired with a sound and image (may be fuel has been full for 20 seconds, but our car was so damaged that we needed to wait until has been all repaired). If Driver pushes LC before all damage has been repaired, the remaining damage percentage/time shuld be displayed at PCLC (may be play an alert sound too), and future track-outs will be added to this remaining damage time. What I'm proposing here is that the penalty time is only erased when we stay at Pit the enough time. So, bad pilots will be penailzed strongly.
5) Once the driver has pushed again LC, the damage time will no longer be discounted until driver enters again pit lane.

So, damage can only be repaired at Pit lane when: --> Pit In detection --> First LC button --> Damage repaired --> Second LC button --> Car can now go out of pit lane. Damage could be repaired totally or partially, dependig on the time that driver has been inide.
How to display damage?: counting mode should be in time, discounting at pit box in time too, but there could be also a display of % . The 100% of damage is the limit proposed/defined at 'Total damage' level (that example of 50 secs you proposed on last email).

I think that its a little complicated to understand.
How do you see that?

PS: One thing has to be taken in consideration: When a car has an accident, sometimes, our car is stopped behind and we are no pressing the throttle waiting for this car. How we can discriminate that our car is not out of track but is waintin until the driver puts his car again on the track? May be, If we are infront of an accident stopped, we should force to press LC that indicates to PCLC that we are waiting behind the damaged car.

Last edited by on 1/12/2007, 20:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
djlutz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty1/12/2007, 19:06

Obviously, when the damaged car reaches the' totally damage' level (100% 0f damage capability), there should be an event sound and image displayng that this driver should quit the race. Then the driver should take the car out of the race/track, and rest till the end of the race...

Last edited by on 1/12/2007, 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty1/12/2007, 19:49

Djlutz, i update the first post with your reviewed mail, sorry
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty1/12/2007, 20:01

guy wrote:
Djlutz, i update the first post with your reviewed mail, sorry
Yes! bounce
Back to top Go down
Prof_Moriarti

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Percentage of this project   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty27/6/2008, 12:39

Hi:
In www.slotdigital.com we are nevious waiting the damage project,
We would like to know how is it going?

Could you give us a porcentage of finishing of this project

Should we wait that ay version 5 (which it seems to be near) we could see something

Best regards

And all the congratulation due you brilliant work
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty29/6/2008, 19:33

Hello,

unfortunately i did not start the damage project, hope to start it after summer.
Since 4 year i have not stopped adding new things in PCLC, i take advantage of this summer to take a pause in development...i really need it to start the damage project who is not so simple to develop scratch
Back to top Go down
Prof_Moriarti

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty30/6/2008, 11:30

No problem, PCLC is good enough, just take a good holidays, clear your mind, and return with the power level at maximun.

Best regards from Spain...

Anyway... we are europe champions so.... we can wait a few months more

Smile
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty20/11/2008, 22:51

Sorry, development of damage simulation delayed to 2009, my priority now is the improving of the heat editor.
There is more demand to improve the heat editor that the implementation of damage simulation.
Back to top Go down
svenh

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty21/11/2008, 20:35

I read the proposal.

The key will be to identify a logic to find a solution when a car is recognised being damaged.

Meaning when a car is of the track because it was to fast, what about the other cars which might need to stop because of him.
Perhaps logics could be like this:
- if one car is of the track and all other drivers have to stop at almost the same time, you can imagine that the race is stopped because
of the first car.
- but what if you have 2 drivers and both are get of the track at the same time.
difficult. I think it will be not easy to find a good solution. Looks like a lot of thinking required ;-)

I think it would be a good idea to accumulate the damage level each time a car went of the track and if it has reach a certain level, the
car has to go into the pit.

Looking forward to it !

Regards
Sven
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty2/12/2008, 00:55

I found some restrictions with the proposition of djlutz:

djlutz wrote:

3) As soon as one car is out of track (no thottle info is sent because pilot left the controller), then PCLC should wait 2 seconds to began to count damage. It would be to avoid probable track problems, and minor track-outs (this time could be configurable too).
With wireless hand controler the driver will not left the controller and may press the throttle (i know it's not fair but it will happend)

djlutz wrote:

PS: One thing has to be taken in consideration: When a car has an accident, sometimes, our car is stopped behind and we are no pressing the throttle waiting for this car. How we can discriminate that our car is not out of track but is waintin until the driver puts his car again on the track? May be, If we are infront of an accident stopped, we should force to press LC that indicates to PCLC that we are waiting behind the damaged car.
[/quote]
Comment of Sven: will not work without pitbox (without pitbox people have to press LC during x seconds to make a pit stop).
Will not work with majority of Scalextric Digital users (people have to press LC during X seconds to make a pit stop).
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty5/12/2008, 05:00

Hi guy,

yes, that's right, and other terms I have been reading.
When you have time to take again this tema I will take a look to all possible issues.

It was a first pre-view of how could it work.
Back to top Go down
Denney

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty18/4/2009, 17:08

I definitely like this idea. If you could get it to work with the parallel port somehow (maybe pressing a button when the car is off the track), I would be in debt to you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz   Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz Empty

Back to top Go down

Accident - Damage simulation proposition of djlutz
Page 1 of 1