Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
racer randy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 10:42

and dead strip to work together?
Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 11:29

Phidget interface can be used for car detection , power control, starting lighs, track call....more information here http://www.pclapcounter.be/phidget_interface.html
For exemple you can keep your dead strip and trackmate system for the lap detection and add a phidget interface to control power on each lanes.

Edit: you can also add sensor on your track and connect them to a phidget interface and use it for pit stop detection
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 20:18

Hi Guy,
So all I would have to do is add the phidget, get rid of my other relay and I would have the power off for Pit In and power on for Pit Out?

Could you help advise how to do this?

Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 20:48

for fuel management your system have to be able to detect pit stop and also be able to cut power on each lane.
Trackmate with light bridge can detect that a car stay on the sensor and when the car stay on the detector for exemple during 1 seconde then Pc Lap Counter consider that the driver ask a pitstop and the program put the driver in pit stop "mode" and refuel the car.
Don't think that's possible with trackmate and deadstrip....that's why you need to add sensor on your track and connect them a phidget interface , when a car will stay on the sensor connected to the Phidget interface then Pc Lap Counter will generate a pit stop.
With a phidget interface you will have also the possibility to cut the power on each lane.
Back to top Go down
ferrari

ferrari

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 22:06

Hi racer,

PCL has many options to adopt, personally I would use the Trackmate interface for the lap timing and make modifiations to your track to accept PCL fuel function.

Timing using an IR light bridge works reliably with Trackmate and PCL supports this setup for pit detection.

Power control using the parrallel port and dontronics relay box also works well and connection between PC and dontronics using a standard parrallel cable and assign the pin-lane numbers through PCL.
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 23:00

Hi Guy,
So I could use the Trackmate with PCL Lap Counter to count laps, and then build a sensor device for the fuel management, plus add a phidget relay to kill the power. I have a 4 lane track, so would the 004 be the one? or do I also need a 01616 phidget?

Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty11/12/2007, 23:26

You can do the pitstop detection and the power control by using only one phidget interface 0/16/16:
For pitstop , connect the 4 sensors (one for each lane) to the 0/16/16 digital inputs
For power control , connect 4 relays (one for each lane) to the 0/16/16 digital outputs.
For power control you can also buy a 0/0/4 phidget interface kit, that kit have already 4 relays.

So two solution:
1) Only one 0/16/16 phidget interface + 4 sensors + 4 relays
2) A 0/16/16 phidget interface kit + 4 sensors + 0/0/4 phidget interface
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty12/12/2007, 03:04

Thanks Guy.
We are having the boys over for a race tonight. My electrical guys will be here. I'll show them this and away I go. Seems like Mainline Hobbies has all this stuff.
Randy
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty12/12/2007, 20:25

Two more things Guy. Does it have to be the 0/16/16 phidget or can I do what I want with the 0/8/8 phidget?

What kind of success do you have with a dead strip? or for fuel consumption and individual track power do I have to use a light bridge?

Thanks
Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty13/12/2007, 18:54

Suspect Suspect Suspect ....in your case you can NOT use dead strip for pitstop detection
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty13/12/2007, 19:19

Thanks Guy. I will have to add a light sensor for the fuel consumption part. Can I use a 0/08/08 phidget?

Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty13/12/2007, 20:28

All phidget interface kit work with PCLC but i suggest you to take the 0/16/16.

Schema to connect sensor to phidget interface 0/16/16 (use diagram 2):
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/phidgets-interface-kit-f14/schema-to-connect-detector-to-phidget-0-16-16-t265.htm

Why the 0/16/16 and not 8/8/8 ? , because of this:
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/phidgets-interface-kit-f14/phidgets-8-8-8-flaw-t173.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?   Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to get a phidget, TrackMate interface, and ?
Page 1 of 1