Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]

Go down 
+2
Admin
ferrari
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
judesudbury

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-04-07

Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 01:42

Guy, the fuel management works brilliantly. It'll make such a difference to our race evenings. Well done and thank you!!

Just a couple of observations:

If the option is selected, the lap is added as soon as a pit stop is called. Perhaps it should be added when a car is leaving the pits?

When 'false start detection' is enabled, if a car false starts, the program crashes out without any warnings or errors.

Open the sport digital interface window and I get: "COM1: Error 1006 comEventOverrun", although everything appears to work as normal.

Cheers,
Jude
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 11:51

Ok, thank for all your tests Jude and Anderl Cool .
Probably i will need some help to solve the problem when using dynamic braking option on the powerbase Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
anderl1969

Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 12:09

Thanks guy.

Are you still in contact with RichG from the slotforum.com? He is the real guru of SSD.

anderl
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 18:56

anderl1969 wrote:
Thanks guy.

Are you still in contact with RichG from the slotforum.com? He is the real guru of SSD.

anderl
I will contact him Wink
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 19:26

anderl1969 wrote:
Hi,

today we tested the beta5 at my brother. The SSD fuel management works fine except two issues:

1) The next lap after a pitstop is NOT counted!
At the moment we have no pitlane, so we make our pitstop right on the normal track. So for we never miss the finish line and so for we have the option "Add a lap after a pit stop" turned OFF. In my understanding, these option should be used when the pitlane bypasses the finish line. However, PClapcounter doesn't count the next lap after a pitstop, which is a bug in my understanding.
anderl
I thing the lap was refused, because you was (for Pc Lap Counter) always in pitstop.
Normaly you receive a message in the message part of Pc Lap Counter and the also the security sound
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 19:34

judesudbury wrote:
Guy, the fuel management works brilliantly. It'll make such a difference to our race evenings. Well done and thank you!!

Just a couple of observations:

If the option is selected, the lap is added as soon as a pit stop is called. Perhaps it should be added when a car is leaving the pits?

When 'false start detection' is enabled, if a car false starts, the program crashes out without any warnings or errors.

Open the sport digital interface window and I get: "COM1: Error 1006 comEventOverrun", although everything appears to work as normal.

Cheers,
Jude
Ok i fix that bug, this happens only when the option 'add a lap after a pitstop' is set ON.

cheers
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 19:48

anderl1969 wrote:
Thanks guy.

anderl
i contact him and have a solution, thank you very much Richard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anderl1969

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 21:08

guy wrote:
anderl1969 wrote:

1) The next lap after a pitstop is NOT counted!
I thing the lap was refused, because you was (for Pc Lap Counter) always in pitstop.
Normaly you receive a message in the message part of Pc Lap Counter and the also the security sound

To be honest, I didn't attend to the message window, but we configured the option "And generate PIT OUT when the throttle value exceed" with the default value of 10. It seemed to work well. We didn't wait until the tanks was full, we raced on when we thought it should be enough for the rest of the race.

How about you, Jude? No trouble with the missing lap after a pitstop?

anderl

BTW: Great that Rich helped you to find a solution for the Dynamic Braking mode! cheers
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty10/4/2006, 23:28

In fact the correction i will make is to recognize the LC even the dynamic brake is ON.
But dynamic brake ON and ask a pitstop with the brake button will not be possible, calling a pitstop with the brake button will be possible only if you set dynamic brake OFF pale
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 00:50

Pc Lap Counter 4.26 Beta 6 available at www.pclapcounter.com.
Beta 6 accept the LC button even in Dynamic Braking mode and fix the bug of false start detection cheers
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 02:39

Hi Guy. I did some testing tonight. I was unable to reliably call a pitstop by using the brake method. I had the throttle data window open to see what was going on. The problem is intermittent and worse on some IDs than others ? For example, I hold the brake button down, and the brake input counter starts counting, gets to (for example) 800, then goes back to zero, starts counting again, gets to 2000, goes back to zero etc.. sometimes it'll make it to the threshold setting and trigger a pit stop. So it took 10 seconds sometimes before the car would Pit In. I tested IDs 1 - 4 on my powerbase, all set to button braking, all the same with varying levels of problem. Some hand controllers were worse than others, not triggering the pit stop at all. I didn't have this problem with Beta 5. Something to do with the dynamic braking support?
Hope you can fix!
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 11:50

anderl1969 wrote:

How about you, Jude? No trouble with the missing lap after a pitstop?

anderl

Hi Anderl - No, I didn't find this problem. If you enable the 'add lap after pitstop', the lap is added immediately a pit stop is called. If you disable this function, laps are counted as normal. I place my pitlane either before or after the powerbase, not round it, so cars won't skip the sensor when they pit.
Back to top Go down
anderl1969

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 14:52

Hi fellows,

I like this process here!

Tonight I will visit my brother and test the beta6.
We will watch of course the issues mentioned by you, Jude.

And we will take another look upon the missing lap.

To be sure that I don't get anything wrong:

We first get the picture that warns us, that the fuel is low:
Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Fuellow

Then we stop anywhere on the track and press our button, as long as the pitstop picture shows up:
Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Pitstop

After a few seconds, long before the tank gets full, we continue racing and the normal car picture shows up again.

What exactly should I watch, to be sure everything goes correct?

anderl
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 19:18

anderl1969 wrote:
Hi fellows,

I like this process here!

Tonight I will visit my brother and test the beta6.
We will watch of course the issues mentioned by you, Jude.

And we will take another look upon the missing lap.

To be sure that I don't get anything wrong:

We first get the picture that warns us, that the fuel is low:
Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Fuellow

Then we stop anywhere on the track and press our button, as long as the pitstop picture shows up:
Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Pitstop

After a few seconds, long before the tank gets full, we continue racing and the normal car picture shows up again.

What exactly should I watch, to be sure everything goes correct?

anderl

All is correct, but watch if you receive a message saying that the lap is canceled or not.
Back to top Go down
anderl1969

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2006, 23:43

Okay, we found the reason, why the first lap after a pitsop doesn't get counted: the message window stated 'Driver come back (lane x)' what pointed me in the right direction. We had the option 'Count first lap just after pause' turned off. After turning it on, everything was fine - no more missed laps.
But in my understanding this behaviour is not correct, because these option is according to a pause between segments in a segmented race. It should have no influence on a pitstop.

The LC button is recogniced very well now, even with Dynamic Braking turned on sunny

The trouble Jude experienced with the beta6 was no issue.

The only problem was, that some times (not very often) pclapcounter put a driver in pitstop mode right after start of race. And even though the driver was racing and so for the throttle was over the limit, he didn't left the pitstop mode. After a restart everything was fine again. This happened 2 or 3 times.

anderl
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 00:23

Ah yes Anderl - I had 'count first lap just after pause' enabled all the time - I think it's enabled by default.
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 00:30

Hello Guy - I'm pretty sure the problem I'm experiencing is CONTROLLER related. I have four controllers and one doesn't send a continuous stream of 80. Faulty resistor I think. I have another controller that is intermittent but the remaining two work fine. What's strange though is that the controller will stop the car on track but won't trigger a pit stop. Very strange. Sorry for the false alarm Embarassed
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 17:56

judesudbury wrote:
Hello Guy - I'm pretty sure the problem I'm experiencing is CONTROLLER related. I have four controllers and one doesn't send a continuous stream of 80. Faulty resistor I think. I have another controller that is intermittent but the remaining two work fine. What's strange though is that the controller will stop the car on track but won't trigger a pit stop. Very strange. Sorry for the false alarm Embarassed
I check your data stream and i see that the powerbase send 80 but also 81 and 82.
i will update my interface to intercept 81 and 82 also for brake and so it will work even you have some problems with your hand controllers.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 18:01

anderl1969 wrote:
Okay, we found the reason, why the first lap after a pitsop doesn't get counted: the message window stated 'Driver come back (lane x)' what pointed me in the right direction. We had the option 'Count first lap just after pause' turned off. After turning it on, everything was fine - no more missed laps.
But in my understanding this behaviour is not correct, because these option is according to a pause between segments in a segmented race. It should have no influence on a pitstop.

The LC button is recogniced very well now, even with Dynamic Braking turned on sunny

The trouble Jude experienced with the beta6 was no issue.

The only problem was, that some times (not very often) pclapcounter put a driver in pitstop mode right after start of race. And even though the driver was racing and so for the throttle was over the limit, he didn't left the pitstop mode. After a restart everything was fine again. This happened 2 or 3 times.

anderl

You right normaly that option is only for a pause in a segment, i will fix that bug.
For the last problem, when you say "restart" do you mean restart the race or close the program and reopen Question
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 20:28

guy wrote:

I check your data stream and i see that the powerbase send 80 but also 81 and 82.
i will update my interface to intercept 81 and 82 also for brake and so it will work even you have some problems with your hand controllers.

Thanks Guy. Interestingly, I think it's the fault of the powerbase. I used the debug window with different hand controllers and found that on IDs 2,5 and 6, the powerbase would put out either 80 or 81 with the brake button pressed. On IDs 1,3 and 4, it would put out only 80. This was regardless of which hand controller was used.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2006, 22:53

Beta 7 available at www.pclapcounter.com
I make a little correction in the SSD interface of Pc Lap Counter to accept 81,82 as brake value.
fix the bug where Pc Lap Counter generate some time a Pitstop just after the race start.
Fix the bug of the missing lap when 'count first lap just after pause' is not set.
cheers
Back to top Go down
judesudbury

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty13/4/2006, 01:12

Hi Guy, all appears to work well now! Tested all 6 IDs with four controllers. The brake button was able to successfully call pitstops. Brilliant!! cheers
Back to top Go down
anderl1969

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty13/4/2006, 09:51

guy wrote:

For the last problem, when you say "restart" do you mean restart the race or close the program and reopen Question

I meant a restart of the race!

But it seems, you already found the problem. I'll take a look at the beta7 as soon as possible Very Happy

anderl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]   Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Strategy - for digital [Done V4.26]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2