Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pro Display for our two New tracks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-08-02

Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty
PostSubject: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty7/6/2008, 19:28

We just finished up our two new tracks... Here's how professional of a display system you can do with PC Lap Counter. You can't even come CLOSE with ANY other lap counting system out there! Thanks GUY for creating a great program!
The Tube Monitor is now GONE! See Below for it's Replacement!
Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks019

Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks022

Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks028

Some more information on the displays. They are run off of what we call "doorstops." Smile These are computers that are almost useless to anyone else, but are great for this purpose. They are all 400Mhz machines, running a custom built XP image that is stripped down to nothing. We built a custom XP theme, that everything is black, so it doesn't look like xp at all once it boots. All we have connected to these pc's are a video cable, network cable and power. We are creating a custom power control system for the monitors to turn them off after a set amount of time after a race ends. Currently we have one pc per monitor, but hope to change that to 1 pc per 2 monitors (Some tweaking of pc lap counter may be needed, we have to see if one pc and run two separate instances of rcview.exe running 2 views automatically via startup commands.)

Last edited by mainlinehobbies on 21/3/2010, 19:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mainlinehobbies.com
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty25/10/2008, 17:04

I can't see the pictures? could it be?. Crying or Very sad
Thanks. Eduardo.[code]
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty25/10/2008, 17:48

Ok... Lets try this one again:

Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks019

This Setup Is now Gone! Replaced with Below!

Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks022

Pro Display for our two New tracks Tracks028

Last edited by mainlinehobbies on 21/3/2010, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Impresive!   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty30/3/2009, 20:00

I don't know why but now I can see both posted images.
Great the monitors and great the lights!, very pro.

What I don't understand is, are you saying tha you use more than one PC for one track?, because you said somthing like on PC per monitor.

Thank you, congratulations.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty30/3/2009, 20:07

We have a master PC for each track, and a "Slave" running each monitor. The slaves get the zoom view via the network in the store. So for each track we have 3 pc's. The 2 pc's that run the screens are very very old, 400mhz processor systems, so all they are good for at this point in their lives are doorstops or display screens. They work great! Hope that description clears things up!
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty30/3/2009, 20:08

You can see (3 of them) the PC's (old tan boxes) in the lower part of the 3rd picture, they are next to the red pole.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty30/3/2009, 22:21

Yes, that's really a nice Pro display...for sure i will put that example on my website soon Very Happy
Many people ask me if they need a license on the client PC...the anwser is NO , you just need to install the demo version on the client PC and start the Race View program.
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Understood!   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty1/4/2009, 07:02

Yes, I understand now and I can see the old pcs there. I use my notebook with wireless to have another monitor in my track.

But... is it not easier to add a video card to the main PC and attach two monitors there?

Thanks!, congratulations again.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty1/4/2009, 07:49

well the problem is that we would need 3 display cards per PC, and be able to run Zoom 2x on each PC showing different content, and have it auto boot with the screens in the right place all the time. Not as easy as it sounds!
Back to top Go down
armsterisme

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty3/3/2010, 13:26

Hey could i have the file of zoom settings please. ? the both because zoom looks like light and efficient ! great for my club !
I try to make it but no result !!! No

in advance thx for answer
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty21/3/2010, 19:12

We Updated Our Displays again!

Here are the Zoom Files Please Note, Our "Upper" Screens are running PCLC V5 to take advantage of the fuel gauges, but we never updated our "Lower" screens from V4 because there was nothing new for those screens.

Here's what they look like!

Pro Display for our two New tracks 25232_378011302267_109583147267_3531367_4924800_n
Back to top Go down
armsterisme

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty24/3/2010, 10:50

marvellous, excellent. cheers cheers cheers cheers
thank you very much. We will use this one when we will have the 3rd screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Display for our two New tracks   Pro Display for our two New tracks Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Display for our two New tracks
Page 1 of 1