Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

driver rotating in...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nhdungeonracer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-05

driver rotating in... Empty
PostSubject: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty6/8/2008, 15:21

Just got the pclc program running recently, and have experience a couple annoying problems which I'm hoping it's because I haven't set the program right too start with...

While doing a timed race with 6 racers on a 5 lane track using the Trakmate interface board, when a drivers rotates out, then comes back in, his "Total" laps start at "0" again. The display never accounts for the laps he's run before he rotated out. The only way I can see the actual results is to click the "stat" button, and then "driver placements" at the end.

The other problem I'm having is how to set the program up in "practice" mode. How does one do this?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty6/8/2008, 17:25

For practice mode just tick "practice" in the race setting window.
About driver rotation, it's normal...that's the way PCLC manage race with more drivers than lanes.
The only place where PCLC can show the real classement of a race with more drivers than lanes is to click on the "stat" button and then "driver classement".
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
nhdungeonracer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty6/8/2008, 18:15

Quote :
For practice mode just tick "practice" in the race setting window.

Then what? Click "ok" and then the "start" button? That doesn't work.

Quote :
About driver rotation, it's normal...that's the way PCLC manage race with more drivers than lanes.
That's normal? Sorry to sound rude, but it's not "normal" to start at zero again.
Back to top Go down
SlotCarCorner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty6/8/2008, 18:53

Quote :
The only place where PCLC can show the real classement of a race with more drivers than lanes is to click on the "stat" button and then "driver classement".

Would it be possible to provide an option to let a club/racer decide what value to display? For example, some clubs like to display the number of laps for the current heat and wait until all heats have been run before viewing the overall race results. Other clubs/racers might want to display their cumulative lap total (previous heats + current heat) to see where they stand relative to other racers as the race progresses. Since the cumulative data is already being maintained for the overall race placement, this seems like it would be easy to do??

Question

Steve
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty7/8/2008, 13:37

It look easy but it's not....but i will try to do it in next version Wink
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: driver rotating in...   driver rotating in... Empty13/8/2008, 21:34

Pc Lap Counter version 4.50 available at www.pclapcounter.be
In version 4.50 drivers total laps and fuel level is now restored when drivers comes back in the race.
Back to top Go down
SlotCarCorner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: New functionality...   driver rotating in... Empty23/8/2008, 12:19

Thank you very much Guy!

Cool

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content