Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinT

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-19

No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty
PostSubject: No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]   No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty11/11/2009, 00:04

Hi Guy,

Once again I am so happy with the PC lapcounter, you keep making it better and better! cheers

Especially now with the Deskbot speech function, it makes for a whole new interesting type of commentary during the race!

So when I started using this feature, I noticed some anomalies, hopefully you can address them in the near future.

I use the SSD PB Pro, and PC lapcounter 5.00 D

The fuel alert (the red WARNING jpeg) comes on at the specified amount you set in the options, but the sound accompanying (set in the sound options or specified drivers options) does not play until the car passes the start finish line. So sometimes there is already a lot less fuel before you get the voice warning. I think the voice/sound should be linked to the appearance of the WARNING jpeg (since this is what you set in the options, i.e. get a low fuel warning at XX liters)

When you run out of fuel during a race, the sound for out of fuel keeps repeating and repeating and repeating and...(since it is linked to the pressing of the speedcontroller I think)
The deskbot speech character keeps telling that the {driver} is out of fuel. Since the speeches are queued, the voice keeps on going for like 20,30 or even 40 or so times, even after the car is already in the pit and refuelled... my idea is that you should only be told ONCE that {driver} is out of fuel. (or whatever sound you are playing for that, play only ONE sound in stead of repeating)

When you do laps when out of fuel they are not counted, which is good (although it would be nice to have the option to count them anyway, since when out of fuel I set the cars to run on 50% power, so you lose a lot of time anyway)

BUT, when entering the pits when out of fuel, and then refuelling the car and leaving the pits, there is -NO- lap added (even with the setting ADD A LAP AFTER A PITSTOP).

This is very unwanted, since it will even cost you an EXTRA lap...(So a double penalty, let me explain:)

What sometimes happens during the race is this: you either miss the pit entrance, or you miss the stopping at the correct pitbay, (so this lap is not counted, since not passed by the Start/Finish line, and since you did in fact NOT do a pitstop, no lap is added. (but that is the price for making a mistake...)
So now have to continue for another lap, and during this lap you run out of fuel, (LOST ONE LAP at this point)
(So now you can do low speed only, which is another penalty for your mistake).
But then you do pit correctly, but you LOSE yet ANOTHER lap, since it is not added after the stop. (Lose 2 laps total)

(the ADD A LAP AFTER A PITSTOP works fine when you still have fuel when you enter the pits, so it must be made to do so even when you made a pitstop when out of fuel)

Hopefully it all makes sense, if needed you can of course PM me, and we can talk about it in Dutch?

Best regards,
Martin
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]   No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty11/11/2009, 15:01

Hi Martin,

I test it and you totaly right, i will fix these bugs in version 5.01 (it's like these bug already there since the beginning of the SSD pro integration in Pc Lap Counter).

PS:
I moved your topic in the bug section, these bug only happend on scalextric digital
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]   No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty15/11/2009, 19:37

Fixed in version 5.01 which is available now at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]   No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01] Empty

Back to top Go down

No lap added after pitstop (out of fuel), sound is repeating [fixed in v5.01]
Page 1 of 1