Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

start lights or other lights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
glengtl1

glengtl1

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-14

start lights or other lights Empty
PostSubject: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty30/11/2009, 11:32

Hi guy i was wondering if it would be possible to add one more light option for output through phidget board
being a yellow flag saftey condition when a track call is called for and stops or slows cars , am using a flashing saftey light at the moment but when starting the race its now flashing before we start as it is selected with the stop light .Its great that the start lights flash when a track call is made so could still be part of that just only lights up on pause
cheers thanks for your time

Glen
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty1/12/2009, 20:41

Hi Glen,

I think this is already available in version 5.01, read this : Blinking lights (in the forum "list of implemented demands")
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
glengtl1

glengtl1

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty2/12/2009, 03:36

Hi Guy Thankyou for your reply I have checked out the thread you gave to me RE blinking start lights and have connected as per thread and have connected the 6 lane power outputs to the yellow condition light i use to activate when space bar is pushed which work well/power on power off,As i am using ssd/pbpro when a track call is called for by driver via the brake button it pause's the race , and highlights the driver in the zoom display that called for the track call ,start lights blink but as the pause doesn't'turn power off it doesn't activate the yelllow condition light , By using the power control through phidget board to the light i thought i had come up with a work around but not so, Is there any way of getting the power to turn of when you call for a track call ,just tested the above setup with fuel strat and it plays havoc with the pitting process so my work around is no good even if could get the power off when track call initiated. basicly what im after is a yellow condition light to come on when track call is called for on hand controller ,
cheers
Glen
This post is probably now not in the right section
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty2/12/2009, 22:36

Hi Glen,

I test it with my PB-Pro and PCLC 5.01, when a driver push the trackcall button on his hand controller the starting lights starting blinking and the power is cut but if you don't have external lights then the little led in PCLC will not blink, maybe that's your problem ?
One thing i have seen is that the big power button on the lower right is not red during trackcall (trackcall with option "stop") , that's a bug...i have to fix it.

To cut the power during trackcall you need set the options "trackcall will stop" like here:

start lights or other lights Ssd_trackcall_lights

In your explanation you talk of "yellow conditions"...what do you mean ?
Back to top Go down
glengtl1

glengtl1

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty3/12/2009, 00:33

HI Guy
Thanks again for your time
I haven't seen how other people have thiers set up but but i have five start lights red which is normally how a race is started ,all light up and then go out to start race and then the green lights come on for go racing ,
When someone has a crash or some dramma on the track be it track fault or crash then they would call for a track call which would be a yellow flag condition and depending on setup all cars woould stop or continue at a slower speed until problem is fixed or cleared.The red start lights can blink or turn on during this event which is a great addition but"as most start light setups are small scale it wouldn't be easy for them to see small flashing lights at the start grid as normally when you race you tend to be fixated on whére you are on the track and who is behind you,This is where the yellow flag condition comes in using as i have a saftey flashing
warning light ,it lights up the whole track flashing amber letting drivers no of a problem, when the track call is removed the warning light goes out the countdown begins and start lights go back to green.It doesn't need to be a saftey light as i have , it could be several yellow lights placed around the circuit set up to flash if not flashing in pc lap counter.I can hook it up to the start lights but then it flashes during countdown
and when a race stops.I was hoping to have it run in conjuction with zone trigger to play a voice over telling drivers of a yellow flag condition so if they are just slowed they will know not to overtake but cant do this if it comes on at any other time other than track call or pause .I reckon when you sort that bug out you mentioned though, i may be able to work around .
Cheers
Glen
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty3/12/2009, 01:08

ok , now i understand , in fact you need a dedicate light which will be lights up when trackcall event occur, i moved your post in the demand section.
Back to top Go down
MartinT

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty7/3/2011, 11:33

Yes we cuold use this very well!

What a Face

Also a light for when the race is ended, and the ability to extinghuish it after XX time (or else it will stay on all the time after a race)

Best regards,
martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: start lights or other lights   start lights or other lights Empty

Back to top Go down

start lights or other lights
Page 1 of 1