Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hardware problem (?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
omahorne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Hardware problem (?) Empty
PostSubject: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty2/12/2009, 11:42

Hi,
I have just recently discovered the extremely fun hobby of slot car racing with Ninco digital. I quickly discovered the PC Lap Counter and now I have finalised the BS Interface v1.1 but I have a few questions/problems you might help me with.

1. The interface doesn't work....(!): When measuring the VCC voltage on the MAX233 it was about 14 volts, while it is designed for 5 volts. Seems like the Ninco box is providing a too high voltage(?). Have any of you had the same problem or know what I might have done wrong?

2. How to figure out the Ninco MCU version: In the BS Mod tutorial it is mentioned how to find the MCU version by pressing the "mode" button while connecting the power. Could anyone please instruct me how to do this as there is no "mode" button, only "Menu", "Start" and the two selection buttons. (I have tried a lot of combinations with the buttons I have... :-) )

As you can understand I'm really a newbee to this but I hope somebody can help me going forward.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty2/12/2009, 20:39

I moved your post in the ninco digital section Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty3/12/2009, 01:20

I think you should post at slotforum.com and specialy here
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
djlutz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty3/12/2009, 02:25

omahorne wrote:

1. The interface doesn't work....(!): When measuring the VCC voltage on the MAX233 it was about 14 volts, while it is designed for 5 volts. Seems like the Ninco box is providing a too high voltage(?). Have any of you had the same problem or know what I might have done wrong?
Measure directly at the voltage supply pin on the MCU and look if you have there 5 or 14 Vdc.

omahorne wrote:

2. How to figure out the Ninco MCU version: In the BS Mod tutorial it is mentioned how to find the MCU version by pressing the "mode" button while connecting the power. Could anyone please instruct me how to do this as there is no "mode" button, only "Menu", "Start" and the two selection buttons. (I have tried a lot of combinations with the buttons I have... :-) )
It was a mistake:
Press Menu and conect power supply to the MCU.
If apears 104 you have it
If appears 105 you have it
If appears CAR you have a 106 or CAR named. Probably you will have a CAR (106).
Back to top Go down
omahorne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty6/12/2009, 15:30

Excellent! Thanks for your quick reply.

I still have problem with the Interface but that may be due to the high voltage I had in the beginning. I guess I have destroyed the component with this so I will go out and buy a new one. Anyway I have found one pin with 5V now and will try this one.

With your help I have also found out that I have a version 106 MCU.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardware problem (?)   Hardware problem (?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardware problem (?)
Page 1 of 1