Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

phidget 0/0/4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nhdungeonracer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-05

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty17/1/2010, 04:09

Is there a wiring diagram for using the Phidget 0/0/4?

Or should I have purchased one of the other Phidget boards?

I am currently running PCLC using a TrakMate board, but would like to remove it and use the Phidget 0/0/4 in it's place...

I'm using a light bridge and Radio Shack phototransistors...
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty18/1/2010, 11:49

Phidget 0/0/4 can't be used for detection (phidget 0/0/4 have only output port), for detection you have to use the Phidget 0/16/16.
Here is a schema to connect sensor to the phidget 0/16/16:https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/phidgets-interface-kit-f14/schema-to-connect-detector-to-phidget-0-16-16-t265.htm

For your information Pc Lap Counter is compatible with trackmake, more information here: http://www.pclapcounter.be/trackmate.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
nhdungeonracer

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty18/1/2010, 23:10

Ok, if the 0/0/4 board can't be used, then why do you have it pictured on the Phidget page?

And on that page, it says....

Quote :
You can use all of this Phidget interface kit with Pc Lap Counter for car detection, pitstop detection, lane power, starting lights and track call (maximum 4 Phidget interface kit can be connected).

The above led me to think that the 0/0/4 board would work...

I know I can use the Trakmate board with PCLC (I'm currently doing this)...
I'm hoping to remove the Trakmate board to another track, so I need to replace it...
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty19/1/2010, 00:56

nhdungeonracer wrote:
Ok, if the 0/0/4 board can't be used, then why do you have it pictured on the Phidget page?
Because you can use it to control lanes power and/or starting lights, and when you click on the picture and read the specification you will see that the 0/0/4 have 4 digital output and NO digital input and therefore you can't connect sensor to that board

nhdungeonracer wrote:
You can use all of this Phidget interface kit with Pc Lap Counter for car detection, pitstop detection, lane power, starting lights and track call (maximum 4 Phidget interface kit can be connected).
The above led me to think that the 0/0/4 board would work...
Yes, at least one guy think that the 0/0/4 board can be used to detect laps so other can think like you and so i will change that sentence.

nhdungeonracer wrote:

Now I have to go and buy another one... Not happy here...
Sad you didn't read the phidget 0/0/4 specification.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
nhdungeonracer

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty19/1/2010, 02:09

Quote :
Because you can use it to control lanes power and/or starting lights

So do I still need the 0/0/4 board?
Or will the 0/16/16 board control lane power and/or starting lights, along with detection?
Back to top Go down
Foiler

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-16

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty22/1/2010, 00:05

Quote :
So do I still need the 0/0/4 board?
Or will the 0/16/16 board control lane power and/or starting lights, along with detection?

nhdungeonracer,
If you intend to turn individual lane power or all lane power On/Off for up to 4-lanes, the Phidget 0/0/4 is better suited for the task than the Phidget 0/16/16 alone.

The Phidget 0/0/4 has built-in power relays - each capable of switching a maximum voltage of 100V DC & 5A current.

The Phidget 0/16/16, on the other hand, does NOT have built-in power relays. This Phidget uses digital switches rated at a maximum 30V DC & 2A current. The Phidget 0/16/16 is well suited for lap timing using its digital inputs, and for using its digital outputs to turn on/off low-power L.E.D. starting lights, and triggering external power relays.

Do NOT use the Phidget 0/16/16 digital outputs for directly turning on/off your lane power.

Instead, either use your Phidget 0/0/4 in conjunction with a Phidget 0/16/16 for turning on/off lane power, or buy an external power relay(s) and control the power relay(s) with your Phidget 0/16/16 digital outputs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Foiler in MI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

phidget 0/0/4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: phidget 0/0/4   phidget 0/0/4 Empty

Back to top Go down

phidget 0/0/4
Page 1 of 1