Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmlaty

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty
PostSubject: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty23/2/2010, 09:58

Hi, hope someone can help. Last night I was racing with a friend of mine and we were initally using the same car, his fuel diminished far faster than mine. He moved positions to a different controller position and still used more fuel. We reset the race and lapped at the same speed same lane and he still used more fuel. I have pclapcounter set to the same fuel settings for all cars not each cars fuel rate set up individually. The strange thing is as I said we were using the same car it was like it was setting fuel consumption rate to the driver!! any help would be really appreciated because as it stands we cannot race fairly he has too pit stop for fiuel more than me,, thanks, Dave
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty23/2/2010, 22:26

Is it on a scxalextric digital or on a SCX Digital track ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:23

Hello Guy, It is on Scalextric sport digital
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:36

dmlaty, the fuel consumption rate parameters are not linked to the drivers, on a digital track the fuel consumption rate is based on the throttle level and for sure each driver have his own way to drive a car so it can be normal that the fuel consumption can be different between drivers using the same car and same hand controller, isn't it Question
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:41

Guy thankyou again for your time. I understand what your saying but on one occasion my friend and I started the race together he stayed behind me in the same lane the same distance from me the entire race and ran out of fuel 4 laps before me, both using same car etc..........
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:46

You are right, you write it in your first message, did you see something strange in the throttle monitor like a big difference between car 1 and 2?
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:50

Guy I did not look at the throttle monitor, where is the throttle monitor? what we did do was tried again from different pb id`s and different hand throttles.... same result
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 00:59

To display the throttle monitor, go in the SSD interface of Pc Lap Counter and tick "Show throttle data":

Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Throttlemonitor
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 01:06

Ok guy I will try again sometime this week and check the throttle monitor see what it says and get back to you with my findings, thanks again,, Dave.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 01:12

While waiting and to be sure that version 5.04 is OK i will made some test with my PB Pro.
By the way, have you a PB Pro ?
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 09:50

Yes Guy I have pb-pro. One other thing Guy I have none of my cars set up with different fuel consumption rates I have the program set the same level for all cars yet even when I drive the different cars in the same style and speed the consumption rate varies alot..... I will let you know what I see in the throttle moitor, Dave.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 12:20

Forgot to ask you the version of the PB Pro, Pc Lap Counter 5.04 work only with version 1.8h, have you version 1.8h ?
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 19:17

yes guy i`m using version 1.8
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 21:49

Guy, I have just done a simple qualifying session, Driver A and Driver B. Both same cars, B followed A the entire time did not overtake, took the same line, B ran out of fuel at 11 laps, A ran out of fuel at 13 laps. This is not a huge difference I know but I have seen bigger lap differences. The throttle reading was B= 380, A= 1051. Does this help you at all Guy?
Thanks, Dave.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 22:35

So there is a big difference between the total throttle level of a lap for driver A and Driver B and this explain the reason of the different fuel consumption.
Why there is a difference in the total throttle level between driver A and B using the same car:
- maybe drivers use different throttle map ?
- Maybe drivers start with a different fuel tank level ?
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty24/2/2010, 23:12

All the drivers use the same settings, same throttle maps, all cars have standard settings I have not individualised anything, they all start with 100litres, this is why I cannot understand why same cars same speed same everything but different rate of fuel consumption!!!!!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty25/2/2010, 00:03

I test it with my PB Pro 1.8h and i don't have any problem.

The question is : why your powerbase send different throttle level between driver A and B ?
driver A and B use the same settings, cars, throttle map, etc...and so your powerbase should send the same throttle level with a slight difference but in your case there is a big difference in the total throttle level for 1 lap between driver A and B , for sure we miss something but actually i don't know what No
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty25/2/2010, 00:56

Guy I think I have found the reason. The two cars I was comparing were Mclaren F1`s I ran mine then tried my friends(the one thatuses more fuel) I could feel the difference straight away through the acceleration ,top speed etc. Having inspected the car the front wheels were colgged up and not turning freely. Just tried it again and its fuel usage is fractionally better than mine............ problem solved I think.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty25/2/2010, 01:13

So it was 2 different McLaren F1, yours and the one of your friend...i was thinking you used the same car silent
Back to top Go down
dmlaty

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty25/2/2010, 09:40

Sorry for the confusion Guy, I mean`t same make model etc. As soon as a drove it it was obvious it was not performing correctly dunno why he hadn`t noticed.
Thanks for your time,
Dave.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty29/3/2010, 21:20

Something come to my mind reading this thread.

Did you tried changed places with your friend?.
I mean, race you as your friend, and your friend as you, after some races you could see if the problem is a difference in how you two drive.

Just a thought.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!   Different fuel consumption rates between drivers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Different fuel consumption rates between drivers!
Page 1 of 1