Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Error in Championship Classification Display

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bellator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Error in Championship Classification Display Empty
PostSubject: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 13:26

Hi Guy,
The latest version is not displaying the Championship Classification correctly in the case of a tie. In our case we had a tie in the number of points for first place, however one racer has one more lap than the other. The first place position should be awarded to the racer with more laps, but it isn't. I have provided links to the champ.ini file and a couple of screen shots that show the problem.

If you sum up the number of laps in the following two screen shots you will see that position 1 has 1 less lap (1062 laps) than position 2 (1063 laps), and should, therefore, be in second place and second place should be in first place.

Position 1 Info
Error in Championship Classification Display ClassificationErrorPos1

Position 2 Info
Error in Championship Classification Display ClassificationErrorPos2

The champ.ini file

Thanks,
Brian
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:58

According to the picture i can solve it by taking care of total number of laps but what would be classification in case the drivers get same total points, same number of first place and same number of second place and same number of fatest laps ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 21:29

guy wrote:
According to the picture i can solve it by taking care of total number of laps but what would be classification in case the drivers get same total points, same number of first place and same number of second place and same number of fatest laps ???

Yeah... we've talked about that possibility too. I think we are going to have to start recording fractional laps at the end of each race. If I recall correctly we can do that by using the Update feature. I haven't used that yet, though.

Can we update everyone after a race is finished or do we have to update each racer at the end of their final heat? (It looks like we have to do it at the end of their last heat, but I'm just checking...)

Thanks,
Brian
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 21:58

yes you can update the laps after the race and PCLC will update the championship classification.
another solution is to not give points by segment: in that case the points for each drivers will be different but of course the point for the fatest laps will be for to the driver who make the best lap time during for the all race and not by segment.
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 22:32

I just double-checked, and we are not awarding points by segment. (Assuming that segment=heat) We only award for each race within the championship.

Given what I have observed in our races, I don't understand your comment from this thread regarding points by segment.
guy wrote:
-
- When you tick "Point by segment" in the championship it mean that Pc Lap Counter will calculate points after each segment of the race.
If it's unticked then Pc Lap Counter will calculate points only at the end of the race and only for the drivers of the last segment !

cheers

Wouldn't that lead to an "explosion" of points?
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 22:44

I just checked the update feature. If I wait until a race is complete it looks like I can only update those drivers who ran in the last heat/segment. So if I need to make adjustments to racers who finish their heats earlier in the race, I have to do it at the end of each heat they run in?
Error in Championship Classification Display UpdateLapsPostRace

That's probably an enhancement request, but when I use the Update feature at the end of a race, I really need to see all drivers who competed in that race. (We keep fairly short intersegment times [2 minutes] so it is not always possible to make adjustments in the middle of race, between heats.]

Thanks,
Brian

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011 - 14:48

bellator wrote:
I just double-checked, and we are not awarding points by segment. (Assuming that segment=heat) We only award for each race within the championship.

Given what I have observed in our races, I don't understand your comment from this thread regarding points by segment.
guy wrote:
-
- When you tick "Point by segment" in the championship it mean that Pc Lap Counter will calculate points after each segment of the race.
If it's unticked then Pc Lap Counter will calculate points only at the end of the race and only for the drivers of the last segment !

cheers

Wouldn't that lead to an "explosion" of points?
Yes but since 2008 the championship feature of Pc lap Counter has been improved Wink (i have to delete old topics which are obsolete)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011 - 20:02

I moved this topic out of the bug section as i'am not sure that's a bug.
In fact it's not linked to the way PCLC give points, i mean even you give points for each segment or not this will be ok , your problem in the championship classification is due to the fact that after 5 GP you have 2 drivers having same number of points.
I could could check how many first place, second place, third place, total laps,etc...but finaly you can have a case where these values are the same so at this moment i don't have a solution scratch
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyThu 31 Mar 2011 - 23:15

guy wrote:
I moved this topic out of the bug section as i'am not sure that's a bug.
In fact it's not linked to the way PCLC give points, i mean even you give points for each segment or not this will be ok , your problem in the championship classification is due to the fact that after 5 GP you have 2 drivers having same number of points.
I could could check how many first place, second place, third place, total laps,etc...but finaly you can have a case where these values are the same so at this moment i don't have a solution scratch

We fall back to the total number of laps completed for the tie breaker. So adding that to the sort order would fix it.

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011 - 20:23

In version 5.13 i add the total number of laps in the sort order , you can download version 5.13 at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
bellator

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:02

Looks good Guy.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error in Championship Classification Display   Error in Championship Classification Display Empty

Back to top Go down

Error in Championship Classification Display
Page 1 of 1