Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free practice mode?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chris

chris

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Free practice mode? Empty
PostSubject: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 10:30

Hi
Is there a way to run the cars straight away and just display lap times without starting a race?
Cheers
Chris
(Scalextric C7042)
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 10:53

no, in the race setting you have to tick the option "free practice" and start the race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
chris

chris

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 12:03

I don't know if I'm being thick here but I'm missing something as I can't see any difference when I select practice session in the setup apart from an x in "practice session" box at the bottom of the main screen - when I click start I go into a normal race which stops after the number of pre-selected race laps. Also, the x is still showing in the practice session box and clicking on it doesn't change it.

In short what I'm looking for is an unlimited free practice mode which shows lap times
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 13:18

When you select practice session the classification will be sorted by best lap time, for a unlimited practice session just set the number of laps to 9999 or more.
"the x is still showing in the practice session box and clicking on it doesn't change it" : that's normal because these pictures are there just to show you the type of race you are doing and other status.
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 13:33

Thanks for the quick replies. So am I right in assuming it's not possible to move directly from a "practice session" into a "real race" without going through "new race" again and unclicking "practice session?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty16/4/2011, 14:20

correct
Back to top Go down
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty29/6/2011, 14:27

does PCLC still record fastest laps when the practice is "ticked"?

Most optimal would be that fast laps only be saved during races?

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty29/6/2011, 15:34

fastest laps are not recorded during practice session but PCLC still save all the laps into the statistics board , that mean that the best laptime of each drivers/cars/track displayed in the statistics board can be a lap time made during a practice session.
If you don't want to have practice session in the statistics board just use the delete feature of the statistics board: in the race history select the race and click on "delete...".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free practice mode?   Free practice mode? Empty

Back to top Go down

Free practice mode?
Page 1 of 1