Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PCLC & SCX Pitbox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
R@W

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-02

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty2/12/2013, 14:50

Hi,
I have 3 questions regarding the use of PCLC (latest version 5.28c) and de SCX pitbox unit (with the fuel lights).

1. Is it possible to use the fuel management on PCLC with the SCX fuel lights. I've read that the SCX unit cannot recieve data from PCLC so i presume it isn't possible.
I've tested it and it didn't work. When driving without PCLC fuelmanagement the refueling is been handled from the SCX pitbox unit. So the SCX let the driver know when to enter the pit and stat fueling. After activating the PCLC fuelmanagement there was a big difference between what PCLC said and the fuellights on the pitbox unit. Like there where two differnet strategies. So I don't think this will work, but perhaps somebody knows more about this.

2. Since the update to this version, on my system the "Stop & Go" penalty doesn't work anymore when a driver makes a false start. The settings haven't been changed, just updated the version.

3. Sometimes, not often en not reguarly there is a missing lap. So a car does passes the S&F line, but it isn't counted.
Is this something that "just happens" or is there a solution?

Hope someone can help me.
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty2/12/2013, 15:05

R@W wrote:
Hi,
3. Sometimes, not often en not reguarly there is a missing lap. So a car does passes the S&F line, but it isn't counted.
Which color is the car blade?
Back to top Go down
R@W

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty2/12/2013, 19:05

Sorry, I don't know exactly what you mean bij "Car blade". You mean the guide?
It happens with several (different) cars, not often, just sometimes.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty2/12/2013, 22:15

R@W wrote:
Hi,
I have 3 questions regarding the use of PCLC (latest version 5.28c) and de SCX pitbox unit (with the fuel lights).

1. Is it possible to use the fuel management on PCLC with the SCX fuel lights. I've read that the SCX unit cannot recieve data from PCLC so i presume it isn't possible.
I've tested it and it didn't work. When driving without PCLC fuelmanagement the refueling is been handled from the SCX pitbox unit. So the SCX let the driver know when to enter the pit and stat fueling. After activating the PCLC fuelmanagement there was a big difference between what PCLC said and the fuellights on the pitbox unit. Like there where two differnet strategies. So I don't think this will work, but perhaps somebody knows more about this.

2. Since the update to this version, on my system the "Stop & Go" penalty doesn't work anymore when a driver makes a false start. The settings haven't been changed, just updated the version.

Hope someone can help me.
1. Please read this and specially the fuel mangement section.
2. The option "false start detection" and "false start also during restart" are ticked ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
R@W

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty3/12/2013, 00:36

Hi Guy,

I've read #1 so now I know what to do. "Problem" solved. (I think I just wanted too much Very Happy )

#2: Yes, both options are ticked. Tomorrow I'll make another track (I had to 'move' the old track) so I can start from scratch. Hopefully it will work then, but if not i'll will post it here.

#3: Still open....Question 
Back to top Go down
R@W

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty7/12/2013, 20:10

So, I made a new track and allmost everything worked fine. Only the false start didn't go well: everytime someone made a false start, there was a red sign. But that sign went away after a couple of seconds. Stupid me! I didn't have the "my system sends Pit In signal" ticked. Why? I don't know. It must have been unticked by accident.

So my question 1 & 2 are now solved.

Number 3 is a bit difficult as I now know. Let me explain here what the problem can be (so I've heard):
Under the track there are some reedswitches on each lane. Everytime a car passes the SF-line the magnet from the car activates the switch. The problem what can happen is that the carmagnet is to high, the reed switch is somewhat low and the 2 don't make contact. If the switch under the track is to low, then this should happen allmost every lap. As should it happen with a to high car magnet. But if it is very rare that a lap isn't counted, the only solution can be to replace the reed switch under the track.

So now I have to figure out if one or both switches have to be replaced. (if that is necessary) or that the miscount is not a big problem. I've heard that with all systems this sometimes happens, so.....

Something to think about....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCLC & SCX Pitbox   PCLC & SCX Pitbox Empty

Back to top Go down

PCLC & SCX Pitbox
Page 1 of 1