Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lap missing: my fault?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

Lap missing: my fault? Empty
PostSubject: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty4/4/2014, 11:22

As mentioned in the title, I think this is not a bug, maybe an incorrect setting....

Race: analogue
Track: 6 lane
HW: DS
Power control: Custom serial interface

Sometimes we came across missed laps. Something that I still cannot replicate.
After 3 - 4 test races, I realize that the missed laps occours just after a segment change.
And people interested of the problem found their 1st lap in the new lane increased about 5 sec.

Do this thing happen because of the minimum DS lap time that collide against the PcLc Minimum lap time?

Do I set to ZERO the DS minimum lap time or this is not the problem?

Thx for your attention.

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty6/4/2014, 13:18

Hello,

minimum lap time of the DS could be the explanation of your problem, another explanation is if you reset your DS after each segment then the frst lap of the next segment could be rejected because the car do not start necessarily at the S/F line and therefore generate a bad lap time and that's the reason i always suggest to setup your DS to make 9999 laps and let Pc Lap Counter do all the rest and never reset the DS during the race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty6/4/2014, 17:08

guy wrote:
...setup your DS to make 9999 laps and let Pc Lap Counter do all the rest and never reset the DS during the race.
yes. it's what we usually do.

So let's check the DS mimimum laptime and I'll post here the results in order to inform other DS+PCLC users.
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty11/5/2014, 01:17

Solved. It's not a bug.

Sometimes, before a race, we start a practice session by loading a saved race. In that file the rejected lap time is 10s (wrong setting).
Later, when we prepare a race, that setting still remain and will create problem sometimes, from heat to heat.

Modifying that setting (< 1 sec) is the solution. In order to prevent bouncing lap reading (or to avoid to assign 2 laps if 2 cars are drive to the same lane), we use the DS minimum lap time.
And, of course, 9999 laps setting as usual.

The next test will be: what is I set PcLc rejected time to zero (With DS minimum lap time to 10)?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty11/5/2014, 13:49

For me it's better to specify the min lap time in PCLC because  if a lap is rejected then you will see a message and also hear a special sound, that's not the case when you set the min lap time only on the DS (you will hear a special sound from the DS but no message).
For your information in PCLC there is 2 place where you can specify the min lap time, more information here: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t549-difference-between-reject-laps-less-than-minimum-lap-time
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty11/5/2014, 19:16

Yes, already seen that topic, and I did that way (rejected to 1 sec and minimum to 10), but it happened a strange behaviour ONCE in a whole race:

(race: analogue race, 3 heats with 6 drivers each, 6 lane track)
(DS setting: 9999laps, 0.1 sec exclusion time)

2nd heat, 1st segment ended: one car stops VERY CLOSE to the S/F (but before it); all cars change their lanes and restart.
Just after restart the 2nd segment, PcLc informs via log windows "lap rejected < 1 sec" (about 0.6 secs)
Later I tried to simulate the same situation and behaviour, but PcLc didn't rejected lap, working perfect!!!

Maybe there's something I missed, maybe there was a car in the same lane in the past segment that crossed the S/F just before the end. Who knows.
So, next tests will tell me what's wrong. As long as I cannot replicate the behaviour, I prefer not to post anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lap missing: my fault?   Lap missing: my fault? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lap missing: my fault?
Page 1 of 1