Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bassman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty
PostSubject: Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty18/10/2017, 14:26

Hello.
Our typical race night is a 12 race championship.
We race 4 sets of 3 races
Each set of 3 is with a different class of car.

My Scalextric Porsche needs a very different set up than my Slot it ford GT.
Which is vey different from my Scalextric NASCAR etc...

It would work better if the power and braking options were set at the car level and not by driver.
For a drivers points to tally properly the driver name must stay the same for the championship.
We change the car for each set.

So in a Championship the driver stays the same and the cars change from class to class.
So the C7042 settings will change with the car selected.

The way it is now the racers have to remember their individual car setting and go the computer and click on driver and make the set up changes manually for each class.
This is more than the guys want to do between classes and frankly its hard to remember the settings.
It also takes a lot of time and cuts into our racing time.

I think this would be a great change.

Thanks
Bassman
Back to top Go down
AlexF6

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: I want this request as well   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty17/2/2018, 05:16

I want this request as well , it would be great to have it remember by Driver (Overall) and then drill down by Car. selected by Driver Im constantly changing the settings for my son and other kids depending on the car they are driving: Le Mans, GT3, Aussie Muscle, Trucks, Rally Car etc
Back to top Go down
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty17/2/2018, 16:52

We do it this way. If all my racers have a NASCAR. Then I save the cars like this. Say the driver is Dave. Then I save his NASCAR as "Dave NASCAR" .
Tom's is "Tom NASCAR" etc. IF Dave has more than one NASCAR he races the it is "Dave NASCAR 01". That way each driver can tailor his car to be exactly the way he likes it and it comes back that way when he pulls that car up the next time. Also we have three tracks we race on and the car settings for each track are different. So for us saving the brake and throttle setting by car instead of driver make more sense. I think it gives the system a lot more flexibility.

Oh ya I take a picture of each car and use it in the car setup page. That way the image on the screen shows the car the driver selected and it makes it easy for them to know if the settings are correct!

Bassman
Back to top Go down
UDoKuoio

UDoKuoio

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty18/2/2018, 02:17

Power option by car already asked: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1131-power-level-by-car

I totally agree with both speed and brake option by car.
Back to top Go down
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty21/3/2018, 14:56

The more we race the mode sense it makes to have the C7042 settings change with the car selected.
Hey forum users please chime in on this as it seems to me it would be the biggest upgrade that PC LAP counter could incorporate. It is a great piece of software and our racing would not be the same without it.

Thanks

Bassman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver   Set C7042  Power and Brake options by Car not Driver Empty

Back to top Go down

Set C7042 Power and Brake options by Car not Driver
Page 1 of 1