Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodside

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-01-02

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty
PostSubject: Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty2/1/2007, 20:14

When I setup any race regardless of number of pilot’s, lanes or time, the out come is the same. The race starts and ends with no lane rotation unless I do it manually. I have tinkered with all the settings this way and that. Unfortunately I have not found the correct combination.

I think, if I could create the simplest race possible it would help me to understand and grow it into a big race. So I tried to setup 1 pilot to race on all 4 lanes for 15 seconds with 5 second Inter. It did not work. The program will not let one pilot run a race by him self. Can you fix this?

So I tried 2 pilots on all 4 lanes. This did not work. I could only run them on 2 lanes. Can you fix this?

So I ran 4 pilots on all 4 lanes. This worked! However they would not rotate. Each segment would end and the next would start but no lane change. I am stuck.

This is my race track

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Track_10

And this is the way it is wied.

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Race_t10

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty3/1/2007, 22:13

Hello,

You have to use 3 "Ghost" drivers and set the rotation like this:

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Racesetup_1driver_1

and set race duration to have 4 segments, here is a exemple:

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Racesetup_1driver_2
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty3/1/2007, 22:58

If you want that Pc Lap Counter make automatic rotation after each segment check the option "Automatic lane rotation..." like here

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Autorat
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty4/1/2007, 22:07

Hello Woodside,

I see you wiring diagram, very nice...what kind of relay do you use,do you have the reference ? or maybe you use the 0/0/4 Phidget interface which include relay.

Edit : Can i take your pictures and put it on the Pictures Forum ?
Back to top Go down
Woodside

PostSubject: Can i take your pictures and put it on the Pictures Forum ?   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty6/1/2007, 19:25

Yes, no problem. It is the Phidget 0/0/4.

The one thing I left out on the diagram was the DS-light bar. I also found that if the computer is off the DS-300 will not work. The problem is the Phidget card needs power to close the circuit. So I am going to add 4 Phidget bypass switches in addition to directional control switches.

Sometimes I don't need the computer and don't want to wait for it to boot up just to test changes made to my cars.

If you see changes needed to the diagram let me know and I'll send you an update.

Something else I noticed is the pilot stations numbers have changed from the time I took the picture and made the diagram. In the picture they are backwords. The Yellow lane is now lane 1 and Red is now lane 4.
Back to top Go down
Woodside

PostSubject: The race starts and ends with no lane rotation.   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty6/1/2007, 20:07

Your instructions worked.

I found the automatic lane rotation does work. Here's the catch; there is a long delay from the end of the last segment and the start of the next segment in rotation if you have the settings correct.

Also don't have the automatic restart checked. This way when rotation occurs your pilots will have time to take there posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane   Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple race setup with 1 pilot, 4 lanes for 3 min each lane
Page 1 of 1