Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Questions About SCX Digital

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djlutz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-04-18

First Questions About SCX Digital Empty
PostSubject: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty26/4/2007, 11:18

Hi Guy,

I have some questions about PLC for SCX Digital (we call it SDS in Spain):

1) The Pit In, and Pit Out voices are used when somebody makes False Start (Start penalty-End Penalty). Thats fine because I've changed voices to Pealty Begins for Car n# . But is there any option to detect also the entrance and exit of the real Pit? We could have both options, Penalty Voices, and Pit News.

2) Sometimes although a car that has 5/8, or 3/8, or 8/8 the soft says that the car is in 'Low Fuel' (2/8 of tank). May be there is a Bit mistake in some instant.
Also could be that it occurs with cars that the engine is not well lubricated, and the Current consumption is Oversized in some cases, and the interface mistakes the signal... scratch

3) Sometimes the fuel bar display (at 'Zoom' window) is not refreshed well, although we have the 'Send fuel tank information in real time' checked. The bar gets up & down momentanly, and after some seconds (may be when we cross the Start Line) it refreshes well again. But then after a while, the problem apairs again. (could be related to point 2) )

4) As we talked by mail, it could be interesting to have the time going ahead (Until now we had big 00:00 at 'Zoom' window), when racing in laps.

These are some detected problems, but I know that the SCX Interface has just born and needs to be evolved. I only want to give something of my part to have every day the best software for SCX Digital.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty27/4/2007, 18:48

1) I think Ole did not yet decode that information, i will ask him if it's possible.

2 & 3) first i will check my program, if i don't found the problem i will need to have the datastream with the problem

4) Actualy not a priority, i update developement status list (https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/Pc-Lap-Counter-Developement-Status-f8/Display-also-race-clock-for-a-race-in-laps-t234.htm).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 00:18

guy wrote:

1) I think Ole did not yet decode that information, i will ask him if it's possible.
Ok, its difficult because ther is the PowerLine working on there, and the interface only uses Live and GND, but may be we are lucky, and there comes any signal on Live.

guy wrote:

2 & 3) first i will check my program, if i don't found the problem i will need to have the datastream with the problem
Ok. You know: if you need something, let me know.

guy wrote:

4) Actualy not a priority, i update developement status list (https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/Pc-Lap-Counter-Developement-Status-f8/Display-also-race-clock-for-a-race-in-laps-t234.htm).
No problem. We can wait. It's not the end of the world if we don't have this feature by the moment...

Thanks Guy and Ole.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 00:39

Concerning point 2 i need some more information:
- How many car was running on the track ?
- did the problem happen only for one car (for exemple car 3 ) or all the car have the same problem ?
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 02:37

Hi Guy,

When I'm running with 1 car I never experienced this thing, but running with more than 1 is when happens (last time it appeared,we were 4 people racing).

When it happens, as I remember, the problem is always with the same car (car position).

PS: If you need more tests or info, ask me for.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 11:59

Do you remember the "Car ID" of the car which had the tank fuel display problem ?
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 17:39

guy wrote:
Do you remember the "Car ID" of the car which had the tank fuel display problem ?
Once was ID5 at a friend 20m slot track. This for sure.
In my ctrack (30m), I can't remember, but it could be the 1st ID, but I can't say it for sure.

I must to work this weekend, but if you want, I could test it at home as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 17:57

I check my program and actualy i don't find where is problem, think i will need the datastream.
To obtain the datastream you need to start the debug window and set the option "automatic clear after" to ON (so the debug window will keep only 1 minnute of data).
When you have the problem just go to the debug window and save the data by clickling the save button.
Thanks in advance for your help cheers
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty28/4/2007, 21:37

guy wrote:
I check my program and actualy i don't find where is problem, think i will need the datastream.
To obtain the datastream you need to start the debug window and set the option "automatic clear after" to ON (so the debug window will keep only 1 minnute of data).
When you have the problem just go to the debug window and save the data by clickling the save button.
Thanks in advance for your help cheers

No problem, as soon as I have the datastream info, I will send it to you by mail.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty30/4/2007, 19:53

Thanks i receive the file , i will check the file this week cheers
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty2/5/2007, 00:03

Concerning point 1 : I ask to Ole , here is his answer:
"Not all the data are decoded. There could be some information about entering the pit hidden somewhere in the data?
The entry of the pit is made the same way as the S/F line, with a magnet and after that, a reed relay.
The rail in the pit is separated from the rail on the main track, but has nothing to do with the power rail.
The power rail is only for powering external equipment, and is only placed under the track.
And it is right we only read data from the main track. But as far as I have seen, the data are the same.
"
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty9/5/2007, 23:02

Pc lap Counter 4.41 available at www.pclapcounter.com.
Version 4.41 fix the fuel meter display bug cheers
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty10/5/2007, 11:26

guy wrote:
Pc lap Counter 4.41 available at www.pclapcounter.com.
Version 4.41 fix the fuel meter display bug cheers
Hi Guy,
thanks.
I'm in a Job trip since 2 weeks, and I couldn't test the beta. Sleep
I will be back on next weekend, so I hope to check the final v4.41 then.
Obviously, you will get my feedback.

Did you find some bug about the fuel meter display? bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Questions About SCX Digital   First Questions About SCX Digital Empty

Back to top Go down

First Questions About SCX Digital
Page 1 of 1