Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2009, 22:05

No, i mean the input IO....you have only one big button to pause the race so it's better to leave other blank:

Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Phidge12
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2009, 22:14

My previous posts was not posted :-(. I did something wrong.

I will remove both "10" that has not relation right now.

Thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2009, 22:22

Don't remove the "10", set the input IO to blank in the START, RESTART,etc....and just keep input IO on the PAUSE command (see my previous picture)
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty11/4/2009, 23:05

I can say we are running 4.54 on 2 different pc's both with 16/16/0's with only large pause buttons on them. The only issue we see is every once in a while a cellular phone causes the system to think the pause button was pressed. (This is a known issue with early Phidget boards, newer ones have noise filters built in).

We are also up to .net framework 3.0

One question, why do you have it set to reject laps below 1,000 seconds?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mainlinehobbies.com
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2009, 00:42

guy wrote:
Don't remove the "10", set the input IO to blank in the START, RESTART,etc....and just keep input IO on the PAUSE command (see my previous picture)
But Guy, I have 5 buttons, not only the pause button. The other 4 buttons works perfect, start, restart, on and off.
Do you want me to remove it anyway?.

I tried to remove the 10s that are alone, and I couldn't PCLC put them automaticaly.

Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2009, 00:52

mainlinehobbies wrote:
The only issue we see is every once in a while a cellular phone causes the system to think the pause button was pressed. (This is a known issue with early Phidget boards, newer ones have noise filters built in).
I don't have cellulars at home, and the track is in the attic, at 2nd floor, I don't think any cellular at the street can cause some interference. And I had no problems before the update.

mainlinehobbies wrote:
One question, why do you have it set to reject laps below 1,000 seconds?

I don't know, if it is not a default, I can't remember if I did that.
Tell me what should be a valid value.

Thank you.
Eduardo
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty12/4/2009, 01:21

ecominguez wrote:
guy wrote:
But Guy, I have 5 buttons, not only the pause button. The other 4 buttons works perfect, start, restart, on and off.
Do you want me to remove it anyway?.

I tried to remove the 10s that are alone, and I couldn't PCLC put them automaticaly.

Eduardo.
Now it become clear...when you push the big red button your phidget interface trigger the IO #0 but sometime your phidget interface also trigger the IO #2 without any reason...
Just to make a test , set the input IO for POWER ON to blank like here:

Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Phidgetblank
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty13/4/2009, 02:53

Very Happy We are getting closer!

Sorry by the delay, but I couldn't test it until now.

I couldn't test it a lot, but I did race twice and the PAUSE worked perfect!!!.
I removed the ON option as you asked me Guy.

One thing that I found, was that ON button doesn't work very well, mechanicaly speaking, it has some weird movement, may be something is broken inside.
What I will test tomorrow will be to assign the ON to other button and I will try again, to check if the problem is the button or not.

If you want me to do a different tests, just ask me.

Thank you a lot.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty14/4/2009, 06:25

Ok Guy, Matt,

I assigned the ON to another button and I do the test again, it works perfect!.

I wait for your answers, but what I think is that it is a hardware problem, and I am almost sure that something goes wrong with the on fisical button.

My next test, will be to try to buy a new button, replace it and test again, if something is wrong again, I think that could be a problem in the main circuit, related to this input.

Two questions:
1) I will try to find a similar button here in my country, could you Matt give me the spec of the button, to learn what to look for? if I can't find something similar, I will ask you a new button Matt.

2) What do you think?

3) Matt, could you answer me my question of my previous message, where you asked me about the value that I have set for "reject laps", I don't think that I wrote some value there, is it not the default? what is that for? which should be a valid value?

Thanks a lot.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
mainlinehobbies

mainlinehobbies

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty14/4/2009, 06:34

Any button should work, you are looking for a "Normally Open" or "NO" button. A simple, non lighted, non wireless doorbell button from the local hardware store will work just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mainlinehobbies.com
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty16/4/2009, 23:09

Still don't know what should be the logical value for rejected lap?, I think that I don't know/understand what is this for.

Beside that, could you tell me why my previous images apear like broken links?, I did see them right some days ago.

Thank for all your answers, I will go for a button tomorrow.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Fixed!   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty18/4/2009, 22:12

I bought a new button and I configure the settings for the phidget again, and it seems to work fine now.
Thank you Matt, thank you Guy.

Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]   Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem after I updated the PCLC/Phidget library [solved]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2