Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clauvet

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-09

pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty
PostSubject: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty23/2/2010, 19:49

Hi there,

since a couple of months I use the PC Lap Counter, latest version, with the Phitget interface set from Main Line Hobbies. It runs nearly perfect.
Sometimes I’ve a problem with the program hang up after using the panic button.

After using the button (becaus of a crash) there is no detection of the cars till the end of segment, it's possible to stop and pause, only the race and segment time ran. In the message board there is no message. After restart of pc lap counter it works till next time view days or weeks later! But there will be always the fear of not working right in an important race!

I've got the impression that this happens always when start more than one race in row!

I’m using windows xp, a light bridge from DS, your PC Lap Counter 5.04 and the Phidget interface from main line hobbies.
I hope you can help.

Is it possible that an old hardware like the laptop causes the crash? To check this, is it possible to transfer the licence key to another more modern laptop?

Thank you
Claus
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty23/2/2010, 22:22

In the Pc Lap Counter folder there is a file named "error.log", can you send me that file so i can check it.
You can transfer the license, more information here:
http://www.pclapcounter.be/license.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
clauvet

PostSubject: error.log file   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty24/2/2010, 15:31

Hi Guy,
I've sent You the error.log on info@pclapcounter.be!

Thank you for your help
Claus
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty24/2/2010, 22:04

I check the error log file , all errors are linked to the phidget interface and specialy when Pc Lap Counter send command to the phidget interface to lights up the starting lights but...all these errors was for year 2009, no errors for 2010.
Regarding the errors it's like sometime and for a unknowed reason the phidget interface didn't answer to the commands send by Pc Lap Counter and this generate a error and can hang up PCLC.
I think it could be linked to the computer but i'am not sure, so if you can test it on another computer it will help me.
On my side i will modify Pc Lap Counter to catch the error and maybe this will avoid the hang up of Pc Lap Counter, i say "maybe" because it could be a problem in the phidget library itself and if it's the case then i will have to integrate the latest phidget library in Pc Lap Counter but before i prefer to wait for your test on another computer.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty26/2/2010, 22:59

Hi Claus,

I improved the error handling during the status updates of the digital output of a Phidget interface.
You can download the pre-release version here
Back to top Go down
clauvet

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty27/2/2010, 00:17

Hi Guy,
thank you very much! Since wednesday we teste two new laptops and also the old one. We had about 8 races with 8 drivers on two lanes, but there wasn't a error or hang up, the system run perfect!
I interrogated all drivers about the last race with the error. When the hang up happened, three drivers with cellular phones were arround the detection area! Do you think this could affect the lap counter?
I will keep you up with teh next tests!

Thank you very much for your help, it's a great support!

regards
Claus
Back to top Go down
clauvet

PostSubject: hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty4/3/2010, 11:24

Hi Guy,
yesterday we were racing again. no cell phones allowed near by the raceway. Two times, 9 drivers, 6 minutes each lane. The first heat it ran perfect, but in the second heat, there was a hang up again ... BUT there was no panic button before ... in the fifth segment suddenly after 5.30 minutes the laps weren't counted affraid and the time still ran on pc lap counter. Only the car detection hang up! In the message board was no new message. I check the error.log, but there wasn't a new information since I sent you the file! Sorry!

Regards
Claus
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty4/3/2010, 19:07

Hi Claus,

I suppose you used the pre-release of version 5.04c (with the improve for Phidget interface), correct ?
Did you used the old laptop ?

Regarding your explanation Pc Lap Counter still continue to work but it "just" stop to count laps (i mean you can access
the menu bar, click on all enabled button, etc without problem...but PCLC stop counting laps).

I don't think the problem come from Pc Lap Counter itself, i think the problem come from the PC or the Phidget interface but to be sure i need feedback from other users:
is there anybody else here who use Pc Lap Counter version 5.04 or 5.04c with a phidget interface 0/16/16 and 0/0/4 (Main Line Hobbies package) ?

Come on members we need you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
clauvet

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty4/3/2010, 20:59

Hi Guy,
thank you for answering! You're right, I used the pre-release of version 5.04 with the old laptop, because the new one gave me always an error message at the end of a race, that he couldn't find a file. I think it have to do with the settings and database. I will install pclc for new and copy the ini-files and tell you then.

The old laptop works with an power-supplied usb-hub; on the hub there is connected an external harddisk, and both interface cards.
It's right You can control the pc lap counter without problems by clicking the buttons with the cursor or keyboard, the time runs correctly.
BUT: It's impossible to control the pc lap counter from the external buttons (panic button, restart button and power on/power off buttons) which were wired with the phidget interface cards.
I think too the problem come from the connection Phidget interface to PC!
The real cause might be a short lack of the power supply of the hub?

After closing the pc lap counter and restarting it, all runs perfect for an uncertain time!

Next time I try the other lap top with integrated usb-ports!

So far, thank you! I will keep you up with the problem

regards
Claus
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty4/3/2010, 23:06

clauvet wrote:

The old laptop works with an power-supplied usb-hub; on the hub there is connected an external harddisk, and both interface cards.
The real cause might be a short lack of the power supply of the hub?
I think you put your finger on the solution, probably the usb-hub is the problem Wink
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty29/3/2010, 08:33

guy wrote:

is there anybody else here who use Pc Lap Counter version 5.04 or 5.04c with a phidget interface 0/16/16 and 0/0/4 (Main Line Hobbies package) ?

Come on members we need you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Oooops!, I am here, long time since I entered to the forum, vacations and other stuff keep me out of the track for some months, but I have a Main Line Hobbies package, and I dounloaded 5.04c today.
I race a little with my son, and I had no problems, but let me know if you want me to test something in particular.
I tried 5.04c today, but just some laps, not finishing any race and no segments, etc.
But, if you need that I test some configuration, or race preset, or something, let me know.

regards. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
clauvet

PostSubject: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up !!!solved!!!   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty18/10/2010, 20:35

Hi Guy, hi at all there,
after countless heats, races and race series, allways using a laptop with enough integrated usb-ports (without using a usb-hub) there was not even any hang up! The system run perfect! So the real cause was definitely (a short lack of the power supply of ) the hub?

Thanks at all for helping

Claus
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty19/10/2010, 14:16

For sure if it's working without the usb-hub then the cause is the usb-hub cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up   pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up Empty

Back to top Go down

pc lap counter 5.04 detection hang up
Page 1 of 1