Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stumbley

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty
PostSubject: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty17/8/2010, 18:51

Guy:

I'm using a DS300 lap counter for detection of laps, and using the parallel port for power control. When my timed race ends, there is a difference of about 8 seconds between when the DS300 times out and when PC Lap Counter times out, so the cars continue to race for that 8 seconds, and if a car passes under the DS Light Bridge, its lap doesn't count.

My computer is running Windows XP. Can you think of a reason why there is this much of a difference in timing between the DS and PCLC? I thought it might be because PCLC has a countdown before the start of the race, and the DS300 starts immediately; would that explain the difference? And if so, how do I avoid the discrepancy? Do I omit the start light countdown?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty17/8/2010, 22:11

The difference come from the countdown of Pc Lap Counter, regarding your explanation it's like you let the DS lap counter manage the race, it's better to set your DS lap counter to make 9999 laps and let Pc Lap Counter manage the race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
stumbley

PostSubject: Re: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty18/8/2010, 00:16

If I start the race through PCLC, will that also start the DS300? Or do you mean set the DS for a lap-delimited race rather than a time-delimited race and start it that way? Then PCLC will stop the race when its time has run out, and the DS will have counted the laps completed up until that time?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty18/8/2010, 01:56

stumbley wrote:
If I start the race through PCLC, will that also start the DS300?
No because the DS300 can't receive command from the computer.
stumbley wrote:

Or do you mean set the DS for a lap-delimited race rather than a time-delimited race and start it that way? Then PCLC will stop the race when its time has run out, and the DS will have counted the laps completed up until that time?
Yes that's what i mean, set the DS to make 9999 laps so the DS300 will never stop counting laps and let Pc Lap Counter manage the race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
stumbley

PostSubject: Re: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty18/8/2010, 03:08

Thanks, Guy. Tried it and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end   Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end Empty

Back to top Go down

Delay between DS race end and PC Lap Counter race end
Page 1 of 1