Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BeerZman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-10-24

POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty
PostSubject: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty25/11/2010, 06:21

Hello:

I have the PCLC running on a SCX Digital layout with the USB plug and play infeed track bringing in the information to my PC.....

Just being a noob I ask:

Does PCLC shut off the power after a race or can it be set to do this?
Mine does not so far....

Also if you pause the race can PCLC turn off the power then? And then turn the power back on when you
restart? My "pause" doesn't seem to do anything as the cars still go?

just wondering.....

Thanks!

RON
Back to top Go down
djlutz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty25/11/2010, 15:33

Hi Ron,
Wow!, how many posts and diferent themes opened for the same questions, I would sugget you to read a little bit more and test on your track before bombing the forums.

To understand a litle bit more how PCLC works, you need to know that for a SCX-D system, the PCLC is ONLY "monitorizing" the race, so you can't set parameters on PCLC that you want to send to the SCX PB.

So knowing that point, everything you configure on SCX-D PB is what will take place on the race.
Depending on interface type you have, you can choose many options on PCLC, but at the begining:
Tick the options:
"My system has pit it detection".
"Send Fuel information in real time"

Don't tick options:
"Add lap after pit stop".
"Race with Fuel Management".
"Begin race after detection" (This one I can't rember for sure on SCX-D, sorry).

Find in which menu is each one of these options, but are basically what you need to configure for begin to race on SCX-D + PCLC.

The eventxxxxxxCom error appears normally when you plug power or unplug power for 1st time on the interface.

Back to top Go down
BeerZman

PostSubject: Thanks for the reply!   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty26/11/2010, 08:28

Yes I have been reading a lot of posts but must have missed it!

Thanks for telling me how PCLC works with SCX although some things do work such as the MIN lap time setting which when set correctly then doesn't count a lap for going over the start finish line at the beginning of the race and helps detect a "cheated" short lap!

Have you seen this post of mine below?
I wish i could solve this problem as it doesn't seem right?Here is my post
https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/race-setting-f2/pclc-adding-a-lap-for-the-pit-problem-t779.htm

This seems odd and no doubt could make for some confusion if a person has to go fuel up for the last lap!

Thanks for your help
I really appreciate it!

RON
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty26/11/2010, 11:19

I don't really understand what is happening to you.
SCX-D adds a lap as soon as you cross the "Slow Down" track. He doesn't minds if the pit has 50cm. or 2 meters.
The SCX-D Pit Lane always over-passes the S/F lane, never tick the option "add a lap after pit lane" since PCLC reads the PB information.

May be if you post a picture of your track and your pit lane we could have a better overview of your problem.

Back to top Go down
BeerZman

PostSubject: More clear   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty27/11/2010, 05:12

I thought I was pretty clear in the other post as it is not really a track configuration problem...

But this is what happens...If you are on your SECOND LAST LAP and you are coming around the main straight say if you weren't going to PIT...you then would pass Start / Fin line and be on your LAST lap and after you complete your last lap you'd win the race! What happens though if you are on your SECOND LAST lap, with ONE full lap to go yet...well if you pull in the pit at the end of your SECOND LAST lap once you drive over the slow down and it beeps it GIVES AN INSTANT LAP and then PCLC yells finished like you won the race and as far as it is concerned you have BUT you know you have one lap left to drive around yet and the track side SCX lapcounter affirms this....Do you know what i mean now?

Hope that is clearer?

Thanks

RON
Back to top Go down
redvanth

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty28/11/2010, 08:09

Hi Beerzman

sounds like you might have the options add lap after pit stop,

Check that is not ticked, with SCXD you dont want that option ticked

Thanks
Red
Back to top Go down
BeerZman

PostSubject: Hi Red!   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty28/11/2010, 09:08

Thanks for trying to help...I checked today and no didn't have that option checked, well at least I didn't think I had it checked at the time...Will do another test tomorrow and see if it is the same.... Just finished my track set-up today Smile

Thanks

beerZ
Back to top Go down
djlutz

PostSubject: Re: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty12/12/2010, 20:53

Hi beerZ,

Any news after these weeks?
Back to top Go down
BeerZman

PostSubject: No new news   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty12/12/2010, 22:41

No new news although my Pc Lapcounter software is working fine...You just can't pit with 2 laps left that is all...
Had my first race yesterday and everything worked well Smile

Ron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC   POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC Empty

Back to top Go down

POWER MANAGEMENT by PCLC
Page 1 of 1