Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Denney

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-05-27

Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty
PostSubject: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty22/6/2012, 11:48

I don't know if it's possible for PC Lap Counter but SSDC has the ability to set the car ID using buttons in the interface for each car. Each lane has a button.

This would be quite a bit quicker than using the powerbase to manually ID cars for each race.
Back to top Go down
Porsche Racer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty6/8/2012, 08:09

Put me down as wanting this feature as well.
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty5/9/2012, 16:37

I would like to show my support for this as a feature in PC Lap Counter too.

Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty2/12/2012, 18:52

Pc Lap Counter 5.24 available at www.pclapcounter.be , version 5.24 allow you to program cars from Pc Lap Counter (see sections news of pclapcounter.be)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty11/12/2012, 13:26

Guy, a little feedback for you.

It's nice to see the throttles used for the pictures in the programming buttons, but there is a flaw (not programming the IDs) - and i think it's a little simpler to resolve.

Example being an event we did recently - one of our marshalls told me to program the car to orange throttle. So i clicked the picture and away it went. No response. I then realised the throttle colour tops in the pictures did not correlate to the matching lane!!

Do you think it's possible you could change the picture of the throttle to read from the 'lanes' information for the track, and show the lane number, like on the RFID window when the lane tags are scanned? It would mean the colour and lane number match up every time then.

Other than that, a very welcome feature!!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty12/12/2012, 17:55

the hand controler pictures show the color of the powerbase (controller 1 is green , 2 is red,...) but it's a good idea to show the lane color of Pc Lap Counter , i will see what i can do Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty24/12/2012, 19:21

Hello Guy,

We've just had chance to put the revision in place and the ID updates have been most welcome!

I can go by throttle colour now which is far easier for me, and those who are marshalling get a clear queue as to when programming is done.

We even had a chance to program on the fly during a race where a car had forgot it's ID =)

From Strength to Strength, excellent work once again!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]   Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24] Empty

Back to top Go down

Set car ID for SSD using user interface [done 5.24]
Page 1 of 1