Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How use PC Lap Counter for Practice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-09-26

How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty
PostSubject: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty26/9/2006, 22:19

Hi, I am Eduardo from Argentina, I am not a PC Lap Counter owner yet, I am studying it because I tryed the demo, and I like it. I am looking for something better than my RMS software. (RMS doesn't keep lap times, just best time and last lap time, just for let you know why I want to escape from RMS).

What I need to know, is how to deal with practice sessions, because I couldn't find out, in the demo or the manual, how to take times without using "race" mode.

I hope you understand me.

Thanks a lot. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
chickster25

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-04-13

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty27/9/2006, 14:51

On the race set-up screen, there is a box to tick for "qualifying" so you can either have a number of timed laps for practice or a specified time for a practice session which all lap times recorded.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty27/9/2006, 19:21

chickster25 wrote:
On the race set-up screen, there is a box to tick for "qualifying" so you can either have a number of timed laps for practice or a specified time for a practice session which all lap times recorded.

But ... Qualifying, is not another thing?, I thought that if I use "qualifying" then it will build the starting grid.

Are you telling that your advice is a "workarround" ? or it is the way to do practice session ?.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty27/9/2006, 19:41

Actualy there is no practice mode, will come soon.
With quallifying session the position will be base on lap time and not against lap total.
Practice mode will be the same but the difference will be that best lap time will not be saved into the "database", do you need more ?

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty27/9/2006, 23:18

guy wrote:
Actualy there is no practice mode, will come soon.
It means that it is no needed to add the demand in the forum?, is it already in proggress?

guy wrote:
With quallifying session the position will be base on lap time and not against lap total.
Practice mode will be the same but the difference will be that best lap time will not be saved into the "database", do you need more ?

I don't know very well what you mean with "not be saved into the database", but if it means that the practice will have nothing to do with a Race, I think that it is enough.
Besides that, each line should be independent too. Something like ... if you set that the practice session is 30 minutes, both lines has 30 minutes for practice, with the possibility to change the car, and the driver. At the end of the 30' both lanes can not continue practicing, and must start with the qualifying, or extend the time for practice.

In RMS I use practice mode, the only thing that happen is that the clock start the countdown, to know when the practice session finish, in the meantime, you can change car, driver, etc. What is great in your program, that RMS has not, is to keep all the laps. With the laps, you can use Practice to improve your driving, that is what I am looking for from your program, not only manage the race, but practice and improve, and to know that my Kids or me can keep our lap time constant.

Thanks a lot Guy for your answer. Eduardo Happy to know that is somebody listen to us.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty27/9/2006, 23:47

I create a new topic in demand section just after your topic lol!
look here : https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=108
So this one is now locked cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How use PC Lap Counter for Practice   How use PC Lap Counter for Practice Empty

Back to top Go down

How use PC Lap Counter for Practice
Page 1 of 1