Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Penalties works?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-09-26

How Penalties works? Empty
PostSubject: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty29/9/2006, 03:31

I read the manual, but still I couldn't find how the penalty system works.

When this penalties are applied ?.

Are them to penalice a car that passed through the starting grid, before the pit-stop finished? are them to penalize when a car started the race before the ligth turn green ?.

I couldn't find in the manual a place where to assign penalties to rules violations, that's why I don't know how to deal with them.

Thanks. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty29/9/2006, 21:23

Actualy there is only a penalty when you use false start detection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ferrari

ferrari

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty29/9/2006, 23:31

ecominguez wrote:
I couldn't find in the manual a place where to assign penalties to rules violations, that's why I don't know how to deal with them.

During a race, if you click the "Update" button in race control, you can enter penalty laps (using a negative number) or add laps to a driver. The value can then be seen on the main race screen!

Many reasons you could use penalty laps. We give a 1 lap penalty if you marshal your own car... or a bad detection (same reason for adding laps).

This is a very powerful feature of Guy's software.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty30/9/2006, 15:16

ferrari wrote:

During a race, if you click the "Update" button in race control, you can enter penalty laps (using a negative number) or add laps to a driver. The value can then be seen on the main race screen!

But ... is it not automatic?.Have to put the penalty while racing ???, but ... if I am racing, it will be difficult. There are not a place where you can say something like:

False start --> -1 Lap

Are you telling me that if there exist a false start, I have to pause the race, go to the computer, add a -1 and then start it again ?.

Thanks for your answers.
Back to top Go down
ferrari

ferrari

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty30/9/2006, 23:32

Quote :
Are you telling me that if there exist a false start, I have to pause the race, go to the computer, add a -1 and then start it again ?.

No, false start detection is automatic once you have the hardware setup. I use the Dentronics relay card connected via parrallel port with a custom cable. You can then setup false start detection in race setup:
How Penalties works? Untitledyy2

If you want to give a penalty of 1 lap for a false start, just enter a time (in seconds) it takes to complete a lap.

Manual entry of penalties is good for other rules if you have any.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty1/10/2006, 00:44

ferrari wrote:
Quote :

No, false start detection is automatic once you have the hardware setup. I use the Dentronics relay card connected via parrallel port with a custom cable. You can then setup false start detection in race setup.

If you want to give a penalty of 1 lap for a false start, just enter a time (in seconds) it takes to complete a lap.

Perfect, I am using my RMS trak sensor. so, just to be sure I understood, you say that I just add that seconds, and if a car passes the sensor before the green light, this seconds will be added to its total racing time?.
If it is like that, it is perfect for me, that is what I would expect.

ferrari wrote:

Manual entry of penalties is good for other rules if you have any.

I have many Ideas. I hope to talk about them with all of you.
Thanks !. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
ferrari

ferrari

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty1/10/2006, 00:52

Quote :
just to be sure I understood, you say that I just add that seconds, and if a car passes the sensor before the green light, this seconds will be added to its total racing time?.

No, if car crosses the sensor before the green light, power will be cut to that lane for the seconds value you have entered in the penalty.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty1/10/2006, 17:00

ferrari wrote:
Quote :
just to be sure I understood, you say that I just add that seconds, and if a car passes the sensor before the green light, this seconds will be added to its total racing time?.

No, if car crosses the sensor before the green light, power will be cut to that lane for the seconds value you have entered in the penalty.

Great!.
But ... what happen if I do not have the power control?. I am not good with electronic, but it seems that I am needing to learn something study

Thanks ferrari.
Back to top Go down
ferrari

ferrari

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty2/10/2006, 11:36

Quote :
But ... what happen if I do not have the power control?.
First thing to do is buy a parallel port relay card or another method Guy has suggested here: http://users.skynet.be/bk274532/hardware.html

I personally am using the Dontronics relay card connected via a custom cable

Click on the pdf link Guy has given for a better view of this schema:

How Penalties works? Dentronicscx5

Using these pin configurations on the cable, and setup in the software.

How Penalties works? Powercontrol3ma8

Hope this helps!

Pino
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty2/10/2006, 17:34

ferrari wrote:
Quote :
But ... what happen if I do not have the power control?.
First thing to do is buy a parallel port relay card or another method Guy has suggested here: http://users.skynet.be/bk274532/hardware.html

I personally am using the Dontronics relay card connected via a custom cable

Using these pin configurations on the cable, and setup in the software.

Hope this helps!

Pino

Ferrari, thanks a lot. It is not easy to get those things here in Argentina, but I will try to do something. I will let you know.

Anyway, I think that even without power control, we can do something that will work.
Thanks again. I will let you know if I can work on a powere-control, and I will ask you help to get that work.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty3/10/2006, 23:44

ecominguez wrote:
But ... what happen if I do not have the power control?. I am not good with electronic, but it seems that I am needing to learn something study

Pc Lap Counter will disable car detection for the penalty time, for exemple if penalty is set to 10 seconds Pc Lap Counter will disable car detection during 10 seconds , if the car cross the detector during that period Pc Lap Counter will reject the lap.

cheers
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty4/10/2006, 00:55

I like that!.
Thanks Guy.
Back to top Go down
Cossie007

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty28/12/2007, 20:22

Is the penalty option removed in ver 4.45e?
It can still be set as an option, but i can not figure out what it does, and what kind of penalty is given?

Tore
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty28/12/2007, 20:46

False start generate now a stop & go penalty, more information here http://www.pclapcounter.be/stopandgo.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Penalties works?   How Penalties works? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Penalties works?
Page 1 of 1