Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chickster25

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-04-13

Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty
PostSubject: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty18/8/2006, 10:26

Hi,

I had a great time racing last night and pclapcounter worked like a charm. One idea we worked with was that if you crashed your car, all the cars would stop, we would pause the lapcounter and then restart with the "crashed car" getting a stop go penalty in the pits. It worked very well but it would be good if:

1. when pclapcounter was paused, there was a tick box for "Stop-go" penalty" you could assign to a driver/car. Then when you restart the lap counter, that car has say 5 laps to go and do this stop. You could get pclapcounter to recognise this the same way as fuel stops, but not let you add fuel. If they do not do the stop in these laps then they get disqualified.
You could even add an option where you can set the penalty stop time in case peopl want to stop for longer. The only other issue with this is that if you are low on fuel, you may need to do your fuel stop first, then do your stop go next time around otherwise you may run out of fuel.

2. With the restart option, can there be a countdown timer, say 3,2,1 just to get the race going again, otherwise we have to press restart, grab the throttles, then restart it by someone shouting GO which is a bit unfair Shocked

thanks
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty18/8/2006, 18:26

chickster25 wrote:
Hi,

I had a great time racing last night and pclapcounter worked like a charm. One idea we worked with was that if you crashed your car, all the cars would stop, we would pause the lapcounter and then restart with the "crashed car" getting a stop go penalty in the pits. It worked very well but it would be good if:

1. when pclapcounter was paused, there was a tick box for "Stop-go" penalty" you could assign to a driver/car. Then when you restart the lap counter, that car has say 5 laps to go and do this stop. You could get pclapcounter to recognise this the same way as fuel stops, but not let you add fuel. If they do not do the stop in these laps then they get disqualified.
You could even add an option where you can set the penalty stop time in case peopl want to stop for longer. The only other issue with this is that if you are low on fuel, you may need to do your fuel stop first, then do your stop go next time around otherwise you may run out of fuel.
Stop&Go in Pc Lap Counter is actualy missing, will put it in my list
chickster25 wrote:

2. With the restart option, can there be a countdown timer, say 3,2,1 just to get the race going again, otherwise we have to press restart, grab the throttles, then restart it by someone shouting GO which is a bit unfair Shocked
Inplace using restart button, use the 10..0 and you will have a count down.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
chickster25

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty28/8/2006, 23:17

I still dont get a countdown after a pause even after using the 10...1, I just hit restart and the race is back on. What am I doing wrong please?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty28/8/2006, 23:33

chickster25 wrote:
I still dont get a countdown after a pause even after using the 10...1, I just hit restart and the race is back on. What am I doing wrong please?

Maybe you have set '0' in the 'Start after' in the 10..0 screen, normaly by default you have this

Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Restart100
Back to top Go down
chickster25

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty1/9/2006, 12:58

I dont have that option to "restart race" n the drop down list. I only have a start race event?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty1/9/2006, 19:06

chickster25 wrote:
I dont have that option to "restart race" n the drop down list. I only have a start race event?
Mean that the race is not started or you have stop the race.
Normaly , during a race when you click on the button 'pause' and after you click on the button '10..0' you must have 'restart race' in the dropdown (also 'none' and 'stop race').
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty29/9/2006, 06:07

I imagine you are speaking of Scalextric Digital, isn't it?. Because I read you about fuel, and as the manual/site says, it works only for digital.

If I am correct, I will add that it is a pitty that it doesn't work for non-digital option.

Ideas, non-digital:
1) Pit stop, add some time to the car that have to pay with a pit-stop, something like, not to allow to pass the car through the lap detector, before a given amount of time. Announce to the driver with an alert (a wav file with something like "driver X need to wait until the green light is on"
If the car pass the goal, avoiding the penalty, discount a numer of laps to that car.
1.1) Pit stop (with power control) stop the car for a given (penalty) time.

2) Fuel: set the amount of fuel a car consume for 1 lap (the same for both cars), every driver can add the fuel they want to their cars.
When the driver reach the number of laps possibles with the loaded fuel, a sound (wav again) will tell him to stop for re-fueling. Again, like in "pit-stop",the car need to wait for a green light, before passing the lap sensors. If some driver avoid this call, after 1 or 2 laps (random) the car loose the race (no fuel in the car).
2.2) Extended idea: how much fuel was realy consumed. I think that the amount a car consumed for 1 lap, set at the car profile, can be altered taking into account if the lap was in its average, over the average or under the average, that could give some random flavor to the drivers, to know exactly when the gas will be off.
2.3) The amount of fuel consumed by a car, can be set as a property of the car category, this way every car in the same category will have the same value.
2.4) The race should have a property to state that the race needs "n" refueling stops.

What do you think Question

Thanks. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty31/8/2007, 01:29

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]   Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44] Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for stop-go penalties [Done V4.44]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pc Lap Counter :: List of implemented demands-
Jump to: