Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-09-26

I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty
PostSubject: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty10/3/2007, 17:38

Hi,
I have a friend that can build a light sensor bridge for me.
Of course I want to use it with my PC Lap Counter, now I am using the RMS sensor (serial port) and I want to change it because some laps with some cars are missed and because I have two tracks now, and I am going to move my PC Lap Counter soft to the notebook, to make it easy to switch between both tracks.

The problem I have is that I don't have a paralel port in my notebook, I only have USB ports.

I read here about the phidget, but I would like to avoid the use of those, because I live in Argentina, it is very difficult for me to get one of those wonderfull things.

Thanks. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty10/3/2007, 22:03

Actualy only Phidget interface work on USB port but i think you can find a USB adaptor to simulate a parallel port....i never try so i can't confirm that it would work with Pc Lap Counter Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty15/3/2007, 21:55

Guy, could you explain me, better, what phidget is, and how it works. Because I entered to the site but... as I am not an electronic expert, I can't understand what I need, what to buy, and if it will work here.

The only thing that I could try is to soldering.

I am looking for a solution to this problem, I bought the other day a Ninco Master-trak to build a Rally track, and I think is a good moment to start to solve my lap-counter problem, but remember I need something to that work in both tracks.

Thanks. Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty15/3/2007, 22:35

I have the same the problem: i'am not expert in electronics No, my knowledge in electronics is very basic so i prefer you ask to somebody else (i don't want to give you wrong information...).
Sure our friend Main line Hobbies can explain exactly what need to use Phidget interface with Pc Lap Counter.
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty16/3/2007, 01:42

pale thanks Guy, these guy from Main Line, is a member of this forum, I will put a new topic to let him read it and see if i can learn somthing about it, because it seems to be the right solution, but I have to learn and see if it realy is the solution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?   I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead? Empty

Back to top Go down

I have no Parallel port. May I use USB port instead?
Page 1 of 1